Multiple Soldiers?

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
JD_Method
Private

Multiple Soldiers?

Unread post by JD_Method » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi,

I don't know how active this forum is any more but I guess there's no harm in asking.

I want to know if it's possible to have different player models on the maps instead of each solider using the same one. I want to create a model for a second soldier. Well, not really create a new model, but I want the second model to have a new face texture, everything else can stay the same. I don't know if the game is supposed to be like this but every soldier has the same face texture, even though there are about 40 different textures, with one for each soldier.

All I need is two soldiers on each map with different face textures, but I have no idea how to go about doing this as I don't have 3D Studio Max 3. I have tried Milkshape but that didn't pan out.

If anyone could guide me through doing this or, even better, do it for me (hint hint  :wink:) I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers.
Last edited by JD_Method on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lars
Commando

Re: Multiple Soldiers?

Unread post by Lars » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:54 pm

You might be able to replace the face texture with an hexeditor and save the new soldier under an new name. But than you have to edit each mission and replace the existing soldiers with the new ones and you have to check if their programming is overtaken correct.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:54 pm

You can buy the game, and then you will have all different face textures. The free version, HD Deluxe made all the faces the same.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

JD_Method
Private

Unread post by JD_Method » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Lars wrote: You might be able to replace the face texture with an hexeditor and save the new soldier under an new name. But than you have to edit each mission and replace the existing soldiers with the new ones and you have to check if their programming is overtaken correct.
Hexediting is complicated isn't it? It's worth a go though if you could tell me how.
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: You can buy the game, and then you will have all different face textures. The free version, HD Deluxe made all the faces the same.
I don't understand why though. All the textures are there in the .dta files, the game just doesn't use them.  :sad:

Thanks for the replies, you two.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm

You should open the soilder modell in the hex and see there somewhere the name of the texture. Replace it with the name of your new texture (don't change the number of letters or it might not work) and it should work than.
The first HD1 made some bugs with xp thats why hdd was developed.
From an Q&A with LCG they said that they didin't had the time to implentate the faces into the final version.

JD_Method
Private

Unread post by JD_Method » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:57 am

Ah, thank you. It works. I copied the original sas1.i3d file and hex edited the copied file to have a new face. Works like a charm.  thup01

However, there's one last obstacle to overcome. When I open up the missions in Insanity editor, it never seems to save with my new models put in place of the others. I'm so damn close now. Ha ha.

Is it even possible to edit the in-game missions and save them that way?
Last edited by JD_Method on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 pm

First you need to unpack all missions so that you can edit them. When you've done that you have to pack them again with an old winrar version. I think V3.11 was the last working version. Store them and do not compress them. After you have done that it should working.

JD_Method
Private

Unread post by JD_Method » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Brilliant! It works perfectly. You've been a huge help. Thank you. :grin:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:38 am

I created many different models for Deluxe 2, if you would like the pack I can upload it for you.

There are:

24 civilians
162 germans
10 russians
57 sas soldiers
18 terrorists

They are all the same amount of models in the game with a different face texture. I have named them easily. Took ages.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

JD_Method
Private

Unread post by JD_Method » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Jason wrote: I created many different models for Deluxe 2, if you would like the pack I can upload it for you.

There are:

24 civilians
162 germans
10 russians
57 sas soldiers
18 terrorists

They are all the same amount of models in the game with a different face texture. I have named them easily. Took ages.
Blimey, that's dedication.

Thanks, but I just wanted two specific faces that I custom made myself. Thanks anyway though.  smile01

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:27 am

Jason wrote: I created many different models for Deluxe 2, if you would like the pack I can upload it for you.

There are:

24 civilians
162 germans
10 russians
57 sas soldiers
18 terrorists

I'd like to try it. :)