GMC truck driveable

Discuss modding & editing for H&D Deluxe using the Insanity 2 editor and 3d Studio Max here.
NilsZ
Major

GMC truck driveable

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Jakub has just reminded me to share the driveable gmc truck from the ending scene.

- it can be destroyed
- it has 8 seats
- the steering wheel is moving
- unluckily the second axle is not moving, because HDD supports only 2 axles at the moment

Have fun!
gmc drive.zip
(718.89 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: GMC truck driveable

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:54 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:39 pm
Jakub has just reminded me to share the driveable gmc truck from the ending scene.

- it can be destroyed
- it has 8 seats
- the steering wheel is moving
- unluckily the second axle is not moving, because HDD supports only 2 axles at the moment

Have fun!

gmc drive.zip
Thanks for sharing! thup01

How did you manage to make the steering wheel to move when you turn the vehicle? :shock:
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:16 am

All the Fight for Freedom vehicles have moving steering wheels. Just merge one of it into your car.

btw. did you know that the developers called fight for freedom just "datadisk" xD

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 am

NilsZ wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:16 am
All the Fight for Freedom vehicles have moving steering wheels. Just merge one of it into your car.

btw. did you know that the developers called fight for freedom just "datadisk" xD
What do you mean by "just merge one of it into your car"? Do You mean link the steering wheel of my custom truck to the original H&D Deluxe steering wheel taken i.e. from SAS jeep, attach it or simply copy over the steering wheel visual from the jeep into my custom truck? Sorry for asking, but i never done this before.

Czech people are well known for their specific sense of humor (at least here in Poland). We used to say in Poland the expression "Czeski film" to describe something hilarious and crazy. People who grew up during the communist era still use that expression (at least my parents know it). :mrgreen:

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Yes, that is what i meant. You can also rename your steering wheel to "volant". But then the pivot has to be correct (i remember that it must be in the middle and y axis must point to the roof). Just try around and you will find a way.
I made also a bmw bike without side-wagon with that technic. It's moving to the sides just by steering.

Nice to know that fact with czeski films. Maybe thats why all eastereggs in HD are so strange haha :D

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:55 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 pm
Yes, that is what i meant. You can also rename your steering wheel to "volant". But then the pivot has to be correct (i remember that it must be in the middle and y axis must point to the roof). Just try around and you will find a way.
Ha ha! I made it! Thanks for the advice NilsZ! thup01

I merged a steering wheel from the default SAS jeep model into my custom Opel Blitz model. Then i aligned the custom steering wheel of the truck with the original jeep steering wheel. Next i linked my Opel Blitz steering wheel to the jeep steering wheel (with vertices removed). I tried to just attach it, but that broke the UV mapping of the custom truck's steering wheel texture. Anyway, it is a cool feature to have a moveable steering wheel in a vehicle. :cool: