Hidden and Dangerous 2 .DTA file format infomation updates

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Hidden and Dangerous 2 .DTA file format infomation updates

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Hello,

First, sorry Lars, as I only have H&D2 I can only do H&D2 .DTA files.
Secondly, this is where I plan to but my latest findings on the .DTA file format or it could only be this one, hmm...

Anyway the finding for today is that, it seems that H&D2 .DTA files store a hint (part of) thier 2nd key in the first un-decripted (not decripted) DWORD after thier 'Magic DWORD', 'ISD0', this is what I noticed exactly:

DTA Filename      1st DWORD Value      2nd Key            Hint Value
Maps                  0xB438ABF6              0xB438D0A5    0xB438
Missions              0x7654A109              0x7654A4F0    0x7654
Models                0x5D804E11              0x5D805259    0x5D80
Others                0xEA859BB3              0xEA85902A      0xEA85
Sounds              0x4FE8432F              0x4FE85106      0x4FE8
Scripts                0x0AB4EB40              0x0AB4E72D    0x0AB4

So my thoughts are now, that the first key, however generated played an signifigant part in the creation of the second key.
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Zdenda
Sergeant

Re: Hidden and Dangerous 2 .DTA file format infomation updates

Unread post by Zdenda » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 am

Well ... what if I upload for you somehwere the Sabre Squadron ?  ;)
=CZ=  -  www.czteam-hd.net

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Well I have Sabre Squadron now, but it's no good, I haven't looked into H&D2 DTA files for about 4/6 months now. What was really demoralizing though, is I looked through all of the DTA's searching for hints to the rest of the keys, I tried to calculate an chiper to the keys using common values within the files, but to no avail. Then I tried performing random hexadecimal calculations on each DTA file's contents, but did that work - NO. I got so far with the random calculations, that I had to write serveral programs to get up to something like this:
ResultA = DwordA / 0x0100
ResultB = DwordA - DwordB / 0x1000
ResultC = DwordB - DwordA Mod 0x0100
ResultAB = Not ResultA - Not ResultB
ResultAC = ResultA ^ ResultC
ResultABC = Not ResultA + ResultB ^ Not ResultC Mod 0x0100
ResultAABC = ResultABC ^ 0x1000 - ResultA
... and so on ...

Even after 65536 random calculations to try and resolve an chiper, I hadn't even scratched the surface, but I still have the thought that there is an chiper somewhere in there, which was used to generate those hash keys.
But I also suspect oneday for the developers to come forward and say the second parts of the two keys were created randomly too.
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Zdenda
Sergeant

Unread post by Zdenda » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:28 am

If you would decode the Sabre Squadron DTA, almost all of th H&D2SS players and modder will be grateful to you ...  it is the only chance there is today ..  ;) ;) :grin: .. new coops ..  :-D .. but you are the person we re waiting for ages :-D .. so come on .. please ry to decode the Sabre Squadron .. I am sure that it won't be that difficult for an experienced person :-)
=CZ=  -  www.czteam-hd.net

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:01 am

So is there any news about sabre squadron dta unpacker?

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 am

yer old thread, but I'm way older lol.

I've done some research on the .dta.

The files are made in Unicode ??, so their for the ISDO - ISD1 is not the real identification, for the game hd2 it is, the dta files use old type windows, and for the Unicode conversion, the unicows.dll is used.

Since windows 2000 there was a change in the Unicode, so for window vista, win 7 use newer type. It also seems newer type windows are backwards compatible for the older Unicode 6, 8, over wise hd2 would not translate the data files and you game wouldn't work.. 

The .dta files use type ISDO - ISD1, from my understanding the dta files are using some kind of old Unicode,  the .dta has been converted by the use of text, or some other method, the .dta files were' or seem' to maybe made in Chinese, Russian, i can show a  ISDO Unicode translation,

Taken from scripts.dta

In hex.
ISD0@??.?,V????.??0h??.?.v?-$?????)??.?.v?.g???.v?~??C?F%?l??C?SG?.??B?M.?E??:?<.?_....,??%?.[?4??o?{.?C??f?.v

Unicode Chinese - ISDO
卉い઴Ⳳ콖볁વ횆ォ઴ኸ콶␭뫜鎻캵઴ኙ콶朌蟹ኘ콶ꑾ䏦䛈錥ꅬ䏦叛鍇鐜䋫䷔뤒롅㫌㲩

translation to English
Hui い  ઴ Ⳳ 콖볁 વ 횆 ォ  ઴ ኸ 콶 ␭ 뫜 Suo 캵  ઴ ኙ 콶 Fen crab ኘ 콶 ꑾ 䏦 䛈 Yu ꅬ 䏦 rebel Kai Wang 䋫 ䷔ 뤒롅 㫌 㲩

so their for the ISDO - ISD1 is not the real identification :??, it seem so' for the game, hd2 reads the ISDO - ISD1 for the contents, information to be used for the game.

ISDO is Hui い -  isd1 - Hui - don't no the end bit. 

Hui - taken from Wikipedia,

The Hui people - are an ethnic group in China - is the dta file written in Chinese then converted to Unicode then to big Indian ??. 
Not sure of the conversion route.

all the information is based on my own research and my not be correct or mistype, i hope in the interests, you can take note of what i have found, and may it be you have a better understanding and a clear knowledgeable understanding of the dta files.
Last edited by finnlayer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:18 am

L...M...F...A...O... :lol: :P :roll: funny01 :mrgreen:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: L...M...F...A...O... :lol: :P :roll: funny01 :mrgreen:
I'm starting to think you've gone crazy :shock:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 pm

nods01  At lest I'm having a go to find whats in the dta.

I don't understand everything about the process of a computer, i raver be crazy then a 100 percent geek,  :lol:

I now no whats is the scripts.dta, and what is all the information inside it.

Inside the file is not scripts for the actors, i was thinking they was, the ones in the script folder in the game,
inside  the animations that surround the map, for instance the fish in the water, they swim around, but what if they could jump out the water, what about the sea water even having big waves.

I am not sure if many new, what the scrips.dta is, and if they care even,  and if not , now they do know what the scripts is.

I have convert 2.8 mb of the dta and i will continue to find what is in every dta, most all files in a pc are made and code by some one, why i was thinking the files are made by the Chinese, i have read what a dta is from the web and what information is they ? not a grate deal !!  so i wanted to find out myself, no harm in that is they.

finnlayer
Corporal

Unread post by finnlayer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:04 pm

E...M...F...D...Y...S...I

think your funny do you.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:36 am

Are you insinuating that you do not know what LMFAO means?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: