LS3D .DTA archive file format

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

LS3D .DTA archive file format

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:39 am

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone has any infomation about the LS3D .DTA archives, I looked at some of the posts in the modding section and it seems some of you have been able to edit the mpscripts.dta archive, if you even have any details on that it might be a start for me to reverse engineer that format aswell.

If you have any infomation that looks like my post in the H&D2 General Section, 'items.sav - 75% Reversed Engineered', that would be excellent.

Also, does anyone know how Bolek and Dexio was able to make thier extractor?
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Jason
Administrator

Re: LS3D .DTA archive file format

Unread post by Jason » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:15 am

Um, myself or Lars may have a copy of the source code for Boleks extractor. Lars do you have a copy of his old website? he had a site where you could get it from.

Here is another dta packer with source from Jovan index.php/topic,927.msg7144.html
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 am

Yes, thanks, Jovans source is sufficient, but it would definitly help to see the different ways an extractor might be programmed, although I now think Dexio and Bolek's Extractor was an rip-off from Jovan's one, because they both use tmp.dll, but fail to mention anything of Jovan in the Readme.txt.
Last edited by (UGF} Corporal Desola on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:33 pm

As far as I can remember the first person to come out with one was Bolek? Can't be sure but I am sure his was around 2005... I'll have to go searching through emails and my hidden and dangerous folders

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:21 pm

The music unpacker was the first one from bolek. Little later the full unpacker from bolek witch didin´t unpack anything from that what jorvan toled me. This year Jorvans unpacker witch unpack hd2 and mafia files and witch comes with the sourcecode. Both unpackers are build up from the infos from MassaSnygga, "Accessing Mafias DTA files", http://www.kamalook.de/Mafia/DTA.html infos as far as I know.

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Jason wrote: Um, myself or Lars may have a copy of the source code for Boleks extractor. Lars do you have a copy of his old website? he had a site where you could get it from.

Here is another dta packer with source from Jovan index.php/topic,927.msg7144.html
Can somebody explain more in detail, how to use it, how to run it by command-line?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:32 am

Go to start, click run, type cmd then type: cd "C:\Program Files\Illusion Softworks\Hidden & Dangerous 2"
Make sure you have the directory in quotes. Then once there type DTAUnpacker

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

Ok thx i try it, but still Something wrong. I've got error:

Also in the unpackers's readme nothing about "scr" folder, where this one must be place?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:21 am

Okay I see the problem.

Go to start, click run, type cmd then type: cd "C:\Program Files\Illusion Softworks\Hidden & Dangerous 2" or where the game is, then press ENTER. Make sure you have the directory in quotes. Then once there type DTAUnpacker, the unpacker has to be in the H&D2 directory thup01

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:07 am

Ok, now it's ok, everything turned out except the extracting sounds. dta (just what i need).
Why it can't extract the sounds? Here is the error:

ps. try to extract another dta the error the same: "failed to open requasted dta"
Last edited by 2k on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 am

Have you run the game yet? Is it a fresh installation of the game? It worked for me when I tried just now.

If you haven't run the game before, do it, else try using the old unpacker from the main site here H&D2 Unpacker from Bolek & Dexio

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:47 am

The instalation is fresh(yesterday). I were run the game. No any patch has install. I tryed old unpacker and it's work fine for me, BUT(!) exept the sounds.dta(can't unpack just it), and that is just what i need.. :-?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:52 am

You will need to patch the game and run it after patching. This would be my best guess for fixing the problem. You can find the patches on the main site. If you have Sabre Squadron be sure to download the 1.12 patch which is only 21 megs. http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/ss/ ... hp#patches
Last edited by Jason on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Do you have the sounds.dta in your hd2 folder stored? Normaly the unpacker should still working with it endless even if the key is wrong... but when its missing you get that error

Sergeant

Unread post by 2k » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:07 am

Lars wrote: Do you have the sounds.dta in your hd2 folder stored? Normaly the unpacker should still working with it endless even if the key is wrong... but when its missing you get that error
Yes, of course, all files in their directory, also i tryed the install patches and got the message that all pathces are installed. I think maby the problem can be in game's localizator, no other thoughts....