New Paratroop skins

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
Jamez
Private

New Paratroop skins

Unread post by Jamez » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:40 am

Hi there,if you're a H&D fanatic and wandered in here,cause you would have to be nods01 to be looking here ;) I have started a personal project to upgrade our beloved game,starting on uniforms and possibly get round to trees etc,we'll see...
Well after a little digging and delving into the game,and a little bit of simple grid based texture remapping you'll be pleased to know,armed with a hex editor and a paint program you CAN indeed re-skin the uniforms in H&D2.
Now I know what you're thinking,"why the hell would you spend time re-texturing a 5 yr old game when there are dozens of ww2 games out there some of them recent,and quite frankly...better looking?"
Well the answer to that is simple...they aint H&D,the SAS arn't the 101st and H&D deserves it and it's fun.
Also,it is possible to map the arms seperately so they can show correct patch placement (mp works too) I'm currently fixing up the battledress blouse atm,the paras borrow the legs lmao,but now our guys in the pics look like they dropped straight out of Arnhem,and are really bully beefy :grin:
Gimme a few more days,I'll make a file available shortly,if I got time or theres some interest,I'll make a quick tut,it's very simple and of course fun.Hmm a possible German Para fix up for MP soon.As long as the server and clients all have a skin pack it should work a treat :lol:
Last edited by Jamez on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

wanderer1825
Sergeant

Re: New Paratroop skins

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Looks brilliant Jamez.

We must keep this game going.It dosn't say much for todays games that H&D is still the best.

I can't understand why the game hasn't been progressed by the makers. There's a lot of money to be made from this game if they want to pursue it.

Tony

Jamez
Private

Unread post by Jamez » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:05 am

Little update,couldn't figure out why I couldn't get rid of the scrim/cloth but figured it in the end.I may reintroduce the scrim "model" bits back after I remake the textures for them,but here are the retextured para pots.Note once the scrim goes back on the "holes" in the netting won't look so sucky :grin: this is an awesome develpoment for the future re-tex of German helmets to make German para helms via alpha channel/masking of the lower half of their flangy bits :grin:
Last edited by Jamez on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jamez
Private

Unread post by Jamez » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:08 pm

I'm really pleased with these German paras,I borrowed the British para model.4ds and attributed a set of brand new textures via Haxxxxor which run straight from the "maps" folder.Ok there's a few issues with stretching straps easily fixed,there may also be slight discrepencies with the uniform version,but these do represent the later war paras where jumping out of an airoplane was a thing of the past.Found the helmet through Cinnanders great inventory program,original model was german 14 field grey luftwaffe hopefully i'll get round to working out a mp fix.I'll wrap these issues up and make the files available asap before I progress onto the others,infantry etc.My only regret is not being able to work the models but,this is fun :grin:
Last edited by Jamez on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jamez
Private

Unread post by Jamez » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:21 pm

http://www.jojimbo.com/files/jamezhad.7z

Be sure to read the "readme" there may be slight upgrades,the battledress
needs a look at,but check the skins out,works both SP and MP.
Last edited by Jamez on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ozdogg
Private

Unread post by Ozdogg » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:49 am

Great work on the skins, I have downloaded and installed as per the instructions but unable to access in the normal uniform menu for SP game. Can you help

Jamez
Private

Unread post by Jamez » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:04 am

Problem is the SP game the uniforms in question will appear if the set uniform is given via the mission.
to view them,start the tutorial up and the instructors should all be wearing them.and the noobs wearing the new khaki.I never saw any German Paras in the whole game,and found the stuff while exploring the content.

Or start your own lan server,and choose a european mission,the brit para is altered for the spring camo green

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Did I miss something? How did you extract Maps_U?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jamez
Private

Unread post by Jamez » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:31 am

i didn't,i looked at the 4ds file in a hex editor,found the texture names,made a 512 x 512 texture grid numbered to 64 gray squares and renamed it the original texture name.ingame the units are now wearing my grid texture which i take ample screens and make a template to work from.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Ok, damn was hoping you did! I figured you looked for the names of the files like that, but was hoping you didn't.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Cpt.C
Private

Unread post by Cpt.C » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Where do u put the mod?
are you serious, i took a nightmare to get out of your world

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:42 pm

Cpt.C wrote: Where do u put the mod?
Jamez wrote: Be sure to read the "readme" there may be slight upgrades,the battledress
needs a look at,but check the skins out,works both SP and MP.

Cpt.C
Private

Unread post by Cpt.C » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Can't Find the readme even after installing it any other ideas?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:17 am

After you downloaded the file you have to open and unpack it with winrar and there the readme says:
Jamez H&D2 skins for SP and MP v1.0 (c) 2007

Contents:

British Paratrooper Green Camo
German Paratrooper Camo
British Para Battledress Khaki
New Hands

models for sp and mp

Installation:

Drag and drop models,maps_u and maps folders
including contents to your H&D2 main folder:

Info:

I love H&D,these skins are exclusively for this
game alone,you MAY alter the skins for your
own H&D project,ie: use as template for other skins.
You may also use these skins directly by applying
them to H&D Deluxe models.I fully support any
project which will enhance the H&D franchise

These are not to be used for any other game,
please respect my rights
thats all,enjoy

Jamez

Cpt.C
Private

Unread post by Cpt.C » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 am

do u need the unpacker to do it? if u do how? whats winrar? how do you open maps_u.dta and maps.dta?
Last edited by Cpt.C on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.