Adding tank CZ4 Partisan

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
blackakres
Private

Adding tank CZ4 Partisan

Unread post by blackakres » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:01 am

Hello,
I am learning how to add objects to maps.  I decided to start with Cz4 Partisan, since I wouldn't have to worry about adding human objects at first; just to focus on getting an object in there for starters.

I opened the actors.bin in the DC ED and imported a tank from Zdenda's items list that he included in the modding tutorial, into the map.  I placed it by the main house on the hill where the allies spawn in occupation.  I have been having a hard time getting the tank to lay level on the ground.  Even though it looks like the tank is on the ground, I am only able to walk through the tank; I cannot use/enter it.  Is this because the tank is not level to the ground and laying on it or am I missing something else entirely?

I'm going to have plenty of other questions, but for now, I'd like to just USE the tank instead of walking through it.

thanks for any help!

Grimples
Major

Re: Adding tank CZ4 Partisan

Unread post by Grimples » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:49 pm

Why has nobody answered this?
There are two parts that need to be imported. Objects & Object Definitions. If i remember correctly it sounds like you are not importing the Object Definitions, which is why the tank is not a solid object. Object Definitions holds the dynamics of the object.
Try exporting a tank or whatever from another scene2 file, you will have to export both Objects & Object Definitions entries, name as you see fit. eg. tank1.obj  tank1.objdef, you get my gist!

SgtSchnitzel
Private

Unread post by SgtSchnitzel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Ok im having the same bloody problem, what I tired to do was import a kubelwagen from the africa 5 map into the africa 1 map, i imported both the model and the definition. It does completely appear but I still can't interact with the vehicle for some reason. I can walk right through it and nothing happens.

I read somewhere else that/ you need to add the definition entires with a hex editor, I tried doing that, i copied the entire kubelwagen definition entry from an exported kubelwagen defintion file and pasted it at the end of the Actors.bin file in the hex editor. it still won't work!!! =(

Can anyone help me here???

EDIT: Important, I managed to get imported vehicles to work using a different hex editor and placing the vehicle definition entry between two other vehicle definition entries.

There is still a problem for missions that don't have any vehicle entries, so adding vehicles to those maps is going to be extremely tricky.
Last edited by SgtSchnitzel on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Tue May 25, 2010 3:53 pm

SgtSchnitzel wrote: EDIT: Important, I managed to get imported vehicles to work using a different hex editor and placing the vehicle definition entry between two other vehicle definition entries.

There is still a problem for missions that don't have any vehicle entries, so adding vehicles to those maps is going to be extremely tricky.
plenty of other questions, but for now, I'd like to just USE the tank instead of walking through it.
I have only one vehicle on my map, which i want to modify. Both, before and after this vehicle I can't copy the definition of another vehicle (in this case a tiger tank) otherwise my actors.bin is unusable.
How do I know where I have to place the definiton? Is there any code which seperates vehicles, soldiers, cannons, ... ?
I tried to place it nearly everywhere but either you can walk through it or the map won't load.

Go and give me a push  help01