The makeing of a coop

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
Adam
Private

The makeing of a coop

Unread post by Adam » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 am

hello all
          i need a bit of help makeing a coop i have all the spawns points and and i put some nazis and allied men on the map but thay dont have any guns or unforms :?: i have added some scripts for then nazis and allied but still no guns. if come one would be nice to me and give me a walktho on how to make a coop map i would be real greatfull to them thx. thup01
°=[TBW]=° Maj. SniperFox-[UK]-1-cl-

Lars
Commando

Re: The makeing of a coop

Unread post by Lars » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:40 am

Hi!
Well first I should know witch map do you use? Is it an map where no singleplayermap exists? That would mean much more work because you have to add the checkpoints from the scratch. About your items problem well you would need an good hexeditor and change the inventory with that... I´ll pass this topic to zdenda he is in that hexediting more than i am but he´s in holidays atm

Adam
Private

Unread post by Adam » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:35 am

ok i see do you know what file to hex to add the items to the nazis  thup01

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:31 pm

items.dat

Adam
Private

Unread post by Adam » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:53 pm

ahh ok i am starting to get the hang of it but i did all that. thats ok but i still dont have any objectivs i have added them to my maplist but still no obj's on the map plz help me  help01

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:13 pm

You have to add an detector / dummy and maybe rewrite the script for it. Also the obj is needed in the maplist

Adam
Private

Unread post by Adam » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:43 pm

ahh ok i think i get it btw i just want to know if i can take things from the modded maps and the script's ?

Adam
Private

Unread post by Adam » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:51 pm

The detector when can one fine it ? and what you do with it ?

Zdenda
Sergeant

The makeing of a coop

Unread post by Zdenda » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:10 am

ok look , the objectives won´t appear inside if you do not modify the scripts.... the first thing you have to do is to make sure that you have a dummy or an object in the scene2.bin called something like objectives... If it´s not there get it from another map then you will need  the hex editor , you will need to illustrate the scripts in the mpscripts.dta , so that the programme has some info about the objects that are in the scene adn knows in which script the info can be found...  :cool: give me your icq or msn , and I´ll send you 2 important files , whitch will help you to understand how to edit this mpscripts.dta and items.dat , you must be very careful , because you must understand the codings in there , I´ll explain that to you later..  :wink: now , look into the scripts of other missions and find the objective script , you must also learn to make there scrpts and write them on your own . In the script , you will see how the objectives are made , for example , if you want an obj to kill all enemies , you must illustrate it in the mpmaplist . Now , be careful in the objective order. You will find in the objective script a small script "SetObjectiveStatus(1, 0); , the "1" in there means the number of the objective , you must put that objective as the first one into your maplist  , adn the 0 means that it´s not yet completed.... if there would be (1, 1) , that would mean objective complete , and (1, 2) would mean objective failed... But I´ll explain you more on the icq or msn... I would have to write an essay here lol :lol:
=CZ=  -  www.czteam-hd.net

Zdenda
Sergeant

The makeing of a coop

Unread post by Zdenda » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:12 am

there are many details you must know and learn to be able to give the enemies the uniforms and weapons you want  and other things like that...., but if you´ll need any help , just ask :wink:
=CZ=  -  www.czteam-hd.net