Editing the item_shoot.tbl file (weapon properties???)

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
echoblack4
Private

Editing the item_shoot.tbl file (weapon properties???)

Unread post by echoblack4 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:29 pm

Hi all,

Anyone here have any idea about how to edit the item_shoot.tbl file?

I found some tools to edit .tbl files (used as well in Starcraft and Diablo) but these ones do not work at all on the H&D2 file. Guess they are a different type of file.

I have been researching this extension and I found something about some files made with template tables in which, when encrypted, the frame is lost and it is impossible to decrypt and edit the contents. They only way to change something would be getting the template table, editing the contents there and then encrypt it to obtain a new file with the changes we want. Do you think this may be the case of our file?

Any help on this matter would be inmensely appreciated.

Thank you.

EchoBlack4

Jason
Administrator

Re: Editing the item_shoot.tbl file (weapon properties???)

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:38 am

I'm afriad to say it but you seem to be the most knowledable on these files. We really do need some hardcore C++ programmers to help us out with modding H&D2.

Can you provide the sources for the information you have gathered?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Cinnander
Corporal

Re: Editing the item_shoot.tbl file (weapon properties???)

Unread post by Cinnander » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:04 pm

.tbl is just the extension I think, the format is probably propriatory, as with most of the non-graphical and audio content of the game.

I've been meaning to work out a template and try and build an 'exporter' which can later be made into an editor for the  .sav files in TABLES folder (items.sav, for instance) for a while, but I've been distracted a lot recently ... and not having a working graphics card at the moment kind of makes it hard to test things :D
// cinn