New twist on C7M1

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
Cinnander
Corporal

New twist on C7M1

Unread post by Cinnander » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:26 pm

(This could/should probably be two seperate threads but I'm lazy).
Hey all,

Well over the last few days I've been poking around in various files and, after a lot of tedious working basically I now know how to edit the savegame files to change the squad members' inventories. (It sounds menial, I know).

I'm _possibly_ going to be looking into developing a tool to do this at some point in the (probably distant) future, just as soon as I can figure out a few of the more peculiar things I'm seeing in the files. At the moment I can edit soldier names (although the game lets you do this anyway), change their avatar pictures, and their inventories. I'm looking into changing the attributes next.

So, without further delay, I present my first 'mod' :D

It's just C7M1 (Billable Entry), however you start dressed in the 'Czech Railwayman Uniform', (as worn by the two signalmen & the truck driver) plus have a silenced P08 in your inventory.

It's not much I know but being able to play through this mission in this way was just something I've always wanted to do :)

Screenshot | Download (60k)

Naturally I'll keep you posted with further research breakthroughs =)
// cinn

Cinnander
Corporal

New twist on C7M1

Unread post by Cinnander » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:39 pm

I soppose I'd better post usage instructions :lol:

Create or clone a NORMAL difficulty profile that has reached Campaign 7, rename it to Normal, unrar the two files into the profile folder (something like "Program Files\Illusion Softworks\Hidden and Dangerous II\PlayersProfiles\Normal), then load up the game, switch to profile 'Normal' and you should have the option to 'Resume Game'. If not, go into Single Player->Single mission->Billable Entry->Resume.
// cinn

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

New twist on C7M1

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:52 pm

Im intrested in the stat changing aswell, but Id keep it HUSH HUSH...

Or your bound to be bothered about unlocking a new MP cheat for HD2...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

New twist on C7M1

Unread post by Jason » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:07 pm

Sweet :D

But I just formatted my pc again! will test it out soon enough, looks like fun :twisted:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Cinnander
Corporal

New twist on C7M1

Unread post by Cinnander » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Quick update, I can now do this to any map, with any gun and any uniform now I know (almost) exactly what to look for.

I spent several hours trying to make a Coastal Artillery gunner surrender just so I could wear that uniform a while ago, now I know I can just change a few values in the savegame files and do it in 2 minutes =D

You can modify the items in any 'slot' of the inventory; so hands, shoulder, head, back, clothes pouches and backpack.

So you can put guns in backpacks.

-x-
As for modifying player stats to cheat in MP?
You'd have to modify the single player campaign save games to change the stats (shouldn't think it works on single missions unless you edit the 'before you start playing' values of the soldiers).
Think the same would apply to multiplayer - if you edited on the server the base attributes for all the guys then yeah you could hax0r it, but I don't imagine that sort of thing is done clientside anyway, so unless the server admin does it (which means all players get the 'cheat' values), it shouldn't affect MP at all?.

I think after the little modding research that's been done, not much should be kept hush-hush :s
// cinn

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

New twist on C7M1

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:50 am

I didnt realize you wanted to do it threw a singleplayer savegame...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: