Missing Coop maps

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
Lukaso
Private

Missing Coop maps

Unread post by Lukaso » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Hello HD fans, I want to ask you if there exist coop missions for HD2 SS in maps Ardennes2 and Normandy4
I was searching everywhere through google on fansites and nothing found :-?
I love these 2 maps in deathmatch but would be really cool play it in coop too. Many thanks for some answer. smile01

jacobston
Lieutenant

Re: Missing Coop maps

Unread post by jacobston » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Hey Lukaso,

I just took a look through the maps I know of, and I unfortunately do not believe there are coop versions of these maps. The issue is that these, being multiplayer maps only, were never set up so NPCs could use them. I could be wrong about this, however, so I will keep looking for something different - I know some maps in the past have been modded to support this, but it takes a lot of time so I don't know if these have been yet.

The files section at rprclan.com would probably be your best bet for finding maps, but I haven't been able to access the site for a while so I don't know for sure.

Lukaso
Private

Unread post by Lukaso » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Thank you jacobston for answer, I found lot of maps (around 150 coop maps) but i was sadly suprise that these 2 dont exist for coop.
Now I know why is that and I hope one day somebody make these 2 maps for coop too. Im not modder so sadly I cannt handle it. :sad:

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Few years ago i had some plans to create coop map on Ard2mpzone but i ran into mentioned trouble, enemy didnt move, this map has checkpoints only for mounter MG-s. angry01
Plan was, that players must make theyr way across the field, fighting enemy in trenches and killing few tanks.
Then capture enemy control point on the opposite hill and keeping it some time after reinforcement arrives and then maybe protecting allied side that was over ran by enemy at the same time.

Africa6 is also good map to make long mission tha can be last whole day, its huge....i think it takes hour or maybe more to walk from one side to other...
Click Here !

Lukaso
Private

Unread post by Lukaso » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm

I think that Normandy4 or Ardennes2 could be nice maps with static enemies too (if they can react and shoot on players for sure). I noticed that static enemies are for example in map Normandy3 (the bridge map with 2 tanks, few snipers on pillars/traverses of bridge and lot of enemies behind destroyed vehicles). Enemies there dont move, they are just only shooting from their positions. Good modification of Normandy4 or Ardennes2 with lot of tanks, flak cannons, static snipers or another armed vehicles could be interesting because of huge map. Normandy3 havent modified version of map because its small.

Idea with Africa6 for coop sounds good too, I didnt think about it because Im not sure if map has solid textures of ground or if it was did only for decoration during flight thorugh canyon.

Its sad for me that I dont know how to make cooperative maps because I see lot of untapped potential of some maps. For example in Burgundy1 (farmstead with villa) there is huge map with fields around and its perfect area for static tanks, defense vehicles and setting enemies far away from villa and around it and not only inside and closeby as its in currently maps. :cool:

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:40 pm

Normandy3 coop is already modded version.
Original Normandy3 is OCC map, coop version was made in 2006.

http://www.hidden-and-dangerous2.com/do ... 7af28cbaed

*I must think about the Ardennes map, without movements there are less scripting and its good side of it, because all this modding and testing takes time.
Click Here !

Lukaso
Private

Unread post by Lukaso » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Yeah I know about Normandy3 for coop, good map even enemies are "only" static, I think Normandy4 could be make same way but with more tanks, flak cannons and MG 42s because there is more space for that than in Norm3.
If you will sometimes decide to modify missing Ardennes2 (or you decide for Normandy4 or other map like Africa6) it would be wonderfull. I can help you with testing, as I said Im not modder but I can be good tester :grin:

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:25 pm

If you guess you are good tester then you can start testing :grin: :grin:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... lder%2crar
If there is something wrong, misplaced or enemy or tanks act strange, i can then make changes to correct them.
*If tested from local server (using game menu to start mission), enemy and ally soldiers dont have winter clothing but i tested it in dedicated server and no problems with clothing.

I had some basic changes already made, vehicles and some cannons.
I kept all very simple, enemy scripts are basically copy-paste with some minor differences.
This can be quite difficult for average player, but i like missions that make players think and plan tactics.
Some test runs i made (with enemy full visual ranges that was set to 1 meter for easy testing), mission was playable and all objectives worked well.
Last edited by Stern on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Click Here !

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:41 am

I had the same problem with Normandy 1, the enemies would revert to Wehrmacht uniforms after the first round, and not the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine uniforms.

I just took a look at my files, and the items.dat, in Missions, was not set to the right uniforms, so I had to correct it.

Okay... I just checked your files... your problem for the uniforms is in the actors.bin, you have all the allies set to the 1st INF and 82nd AB uniforms. Just change all us02/us04 to us01. The items.dat and the actors.bin have to have the uniforms the same.

I also noticed that you have 108 Germans all set to regular Wehrmacht uniforms... I am guessing you want them to be in winter uniforms? So you need to change all 108 Ge03s to some arrangement of Ge01a, Ge01b, Ge02a, Ge02b, and maybe Ge02c and Ge02d. With 01a being the all white snowsuit, 01b the mix matched Italian camo (Telo Mimetico), 02a with the overcoat (my favorite), 02b with the anorak. The c and d are the SS men from indoors on Arctic 2, c being the trooper (SS-Sturmmann) and d being the NCO (SS-Hauptscharführer).

I just looked in the items.dat and you have them all set to Ge01a.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Wrong uniforms are not so big problem, in dedicated server they work fine, it only bothers in server started from game menu.
I changed them, first attempt was not successful but i got this working.
One other strange thing i noticed in dedicated server was that dead allys were not lying on the ground, they were hanging in the air and if i restarted, allys were fine but then smoke effect from vehicles didnt work.
If they are related i have to loose the smoke.
Click Here !

Lukaso
Private

Unread post by Lukaso » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Stern wrote:If you guess you are good tester then you can start testing :grin: :grin:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... lder%2crar
If there is something wrong, misplaced or enemy or tanks act strange, i can then make changes to correct them.
*If tested from local server (using game menu to start mission), enemy and ally soldiers dont have winter clothing but i tested it in dedicated server and no problems with clothing.

I had some basic changes already made, vehicles and some cannons.
I kept all very simple, enemy scripts are basically copy-paste with some minor differences.
This can be quite difficult for average player, but i like missions that make players think and plan tactics.
Some test runs i made (with enemy full visual ranges that was set to 1 meter for easy testing), mission was playable and all objectives worked well.
It looks really cool, good job Stern thup01
I will fully test it on this weekend so I let you know if I find some problems. smile01

Lukaso
Private

Unread post by Lukaso » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

Hello Stern, after testing I have to say really good work thup01
I didnt find problems even I tested it on every difficulty on dedicated server.
Only one thing can be a little problem and its Beacon itself. In map there are 2 in one crate but I noticed if you will take both into inventory (doesnt matter if by 1 player or by 2) and you will be killed in vehicle (in tank in this map) then beacons will disappear and you cannt finish objective "place beacon". To avoid this situation on servers it can be fixed by adding Beacon to menu where you select equipment (if I am not wrong it should be by adding item ID into allowed items in mpmaplist).

Thank you again for making this map, its really fun even enemies cannt move there. It would really please me if you decide make Normandy4 or Africa6 in similiar way. nods01
I know that Africa6 is against Normandy4 really huge and it probably will be hard to make but it can be really long and fun map. ;)

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:41 pm

I saw that Beacon problem in RpR Test server.
Player should take Beacon after the area is cleared and server host can add Beacon to mpmaplist.txt, if its really needed, its item number 284.
<ITEM item_id="284" item_num="1"/>

In Africa6 there is very low quality textures.
Driving a car will mostly end up with crash or just wrecking the car because of no sense of speed.
There are no checkpoints for A.I. and its huge work to make good mission there to cover all this area.
Some race missions are made using Africa6 but no enemy there.

betteryouthanme has worked on Normandy4 mission, the test version is out, but there are problem with buildings in the middle, enemy can see and shoot through the walls.
Click Here !

Lukaso
Private

Unread post by Lukaso » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Stern wrote:I saw that Beacon problem in RpR Test server.
Player should take Beacon after the area is cleared and server host can add Beacon to mpmaplist.txt, if its really needed, its item number 284.
<ITEM item_id="284" item_num="1"/>
Good idea, thx. smile01
Stern wrote:betteryouthanme has worked on Normandy4 mission, the test version is out, but there are problem with buildings in the middle, enemy can see and shoot through the walls.
Good to hear. For that problem shouldnt be there solution place some invisible walls or objects in that buildings? (like I said I dont know how to modding so I only guess) :mrgreen: