Animations bug

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
Stern
Lieutenant

Animations bug

Unread post by Stern » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:08 pm

I cannot log into rpr so i ask it here.

I'm having trouble with (AI) animations, problem is that when AI should "play" given animation, it does but also sliding with slow speed on the ground in random directions, I could not make them stay in one place and just do the animation.
I looked through some original enemy scripts that have some animations and noted nothing different.

I did try to put the animation line to WHENEVER section (spawn signal from zone detect) and into LABEL section, but no luck.

Animations are not critical to have but it makes enemy act more realistic than just standing like freezed puppets.
Click Here !

jacobston
Lieutenant

Re: Animations bug

Unread post by jacobston » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:52 am

I there a script you can run to make them stay put? I'd like to help more, but I really don't know much about animations. no_01

Only other thing I can think is maybe they are alerted by something?

If you like, I could ask this on RpR, and see if I can get a quicker response, or just link this thread on the RpR forum.

Stern
Lieutenant

Re: Animations bug

Unread post by Stern » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:50 am

No they are not alerted, they are just sliding smile01 i could even shoot near them and no alert because
for troubleshoot, i did put sight and hearing ranges to "1" so i could get close and see all movements that i did for guards and see any faults in scripting.
HUMAN_SETSIGHTRANGE(1);
HUMAN_SETHEARRANGE(1);

I leave the animations for now, only few guards and mechanics were to give them some natural moving but whatever, they will be killed anyway.

I made enemy scripts to make enemy move forever after alert, now they will not forget the alert and wont walk away.
Click Here !