Suppressed MP40

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
ReeseFingers
Private

Suppressed MP40

Unread post by ReeseFingers » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 am

Hey all.

Thought crossed my mind the other day while playing around in the campaign with the silenced P08 - is it possible to take the ingame model of the suppressor on the silenced P08 and attach it onto the end of the MP40 to create a suppressed MP40?

This would obviously also require modifying the script of the MP40 to something like the suppressed Sten.

Is this something that's doable? Would love to be able to use a legit suppressed weapon when running around in a German uniform rather than trying to use a pistol all the time funny01

Stern
Lieutenant

Re: Suppressed MP40

Unread post by Stern » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:35 pm

I think files: item_base_items.tbl or items.sav is that you should look into, maybe campare stengun and stengunsilenced and find out whats different...

This probably wont work in server.

If you want mp40 to look like it has silencer then you have to mod model file.
Click Here !

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:53 am

Yeah, items.sav and the model will do it. It will work on the server just fine. I have done similar with weapons and other things in the items.sav, for example, changed the ZB magazine to the Bren magazine. You would also have to change the sound, but it would not be required to have the suppressed effect in game, as that is in the items.sav.

ReeseFingers
Private

Unread post by ReeseFingers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:18 am

Good to know it can be done cheers for the replies.

Worth noting I'm not in any way shape or form handy in modding. Would I be able to commission someone to do this if i asked nicely?

By the way I only want to use this in single player. I don't play multi.