Modding The Textures

Talk about modding Hidden & Dangerous 2 in here.
HD2fan
Corporal

Re: Modding The Textures

Unread post by HD2fan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:01 am

OK, I have it colored, I got the beret BMP file from the Maps.dta file. However, there is already a folder in my HD2 directory called Maps. So I put it in there, and tried it, the beret is still red.  angry01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 am

Well that is because the game wrote some 565 files and DX files in there. Search for the corresponding files, same name as the beret bitmap and delete them.

I don't see why you would need the extracted models unless you were gonna use them for editing.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

HD2fan
Corporal

Unread post by HD2fan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:06 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Well that is because the game wrote some 565 files and DX files in there. Search for the corresponding files, same name as the beret bitmap and delete them.

I don't see why you would need the extracted models unless you were gonna use them for editing.
I thought the beret would be in the models.

Anyway, I can not find the 565 files. Keep in mind I deleted the extracted files. I see 565 files named Hat1 and Hat2, but I know for a fact that at least one of those files is for the Burma beret, and not the maroon beret. Which 565 file is it, because I see no 565 file named the same as the beret's BMP.

I am about ready to give up.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:13 am

The sure easy way around this is to move your Maps folder, make a new Maps folder and put your modified file in it so it is the only thing in there. Though I am sure you already figured that out for yourself. funny01 :mrgreen:

You said you deleted the extracted files which should have nothing to do with the files in the Maps folder you have in the main HD2 directory. You didn't extract the files into your main directory, did you? :roll:

For the record: hat1 is the British slouch hat (not a beret), hat2 is the British "black" beret.
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

HD2fan
Corporal

Unread post by HD2fan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:26 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: The sure easy way around this is to move your Maps folder, make a new Maps folder and put your modified file in it so it is the only thing in there. Though I am sure you already figured that out for yourself. funny01 :mrgreen:

You said you deleted the extracted files which should have nothing to do with the files in the Maps folder you have in the main HD2 directory. You didn't extract the files into your main directory, did you? :roll:

For the record: hat1 is the British slouch hat (not a beret), hat2 is the British "black" beret.
No, they were in a subfolder.

The game described the Burma hat as a beret, so that is what I took that from.

Thanks for your help!

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:04 am

So!? Did you have any progress!? :!: :?:

HD2fan
Corporal

Unread post by HD2fan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:36 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: So!? Did you have any progress!? :!: :?:
Beret is still red. Is there somthing I am doing wrong? Keep in mind I am using a saved game to test this, I have one man wearing a black beret in case I edit it instead and three with red berets.

Do I need to start a new mission?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:41 pm

The texture for the "black" beret (it is not a true black, it is a dark blue), is very discernible from the maroon beret. How could you edit the wrong one?

As for the save game, yeah I would say that is the problem. Best to start up a new game or a server and test it out. If it still doesn't work and the file is the only thing in Maps, then try putting it in Maps_U.

I would try on my side, but I am not interested in changing things for the worse... :lol:

HD2fan
Corporal

Unread post by HD2fan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:13 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: The texture for the "black" beret (it is not a true black, it is a dark blue), is very discernible from the maroon beret. How could you edit the wrong one?

As for the save game, yeah I would say that is the problem. Best to start up a new game or a server and test it out. If it still doesn't work and the file is the only thing in Maps, then try putting it in Maps_U.

I would try on my side, but I am not interested in changing things for the worse... :lol:
The mod has worked!  :eek: I put it in a new folder called Maps_U, and it worked. The game wrote some new files in that folder, though. Regardless, it has worked.

Thanks for your help!