Operation Thunderstorm

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Operation Thunderstorm

Unread post by Jason » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:12 pm

City Interactive hit gold with the Royal Marines Commando but then decided to take a shit on that success and gave us Operation Thunderstorm which in some countries they dare try to pass off as Mortyr 3. The game has little too offer. The game has collision issues and speed issues, when you save there is a 1-2 second delay in gameplay - I have a good computer so no there should be no issue. The levels are so closed in, they leave you feeling claustrophobic. The weapons take up have the screen so you can barely see the enemies. The mp40, the main weapon does not shoot straight at all. They have a feature where you can shoot around walls, sounds cool like rainbow six but that where it all ends, the feature is done EXTREMELY badly you have to play the game to see how bad. It is more of a pain in the ass while playing the game than any help what so ever - it makes you wonder if the QA team even bothered to give feedback on the extremely disappoint gameplay. They re-use a section of one level from The Royal Marines commando... yeah... reuse. Avoid this game.

The only good thing is the game engine, it looks pretty good. The animations are well done so congrats to that department. But the extremely awful voice acting and level design make this game avoidable. The game also has multiplayer, something The Royal Marines Commando should have had.

I wanted to beat it for the sake of beating it. I swore so much through the 3/4 of the game I had left. It last maybe 40 mins. Run n' gun is all this game is.

My last comments to the game...  fingers01
Last edited by Jason on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

major sea
Private

Re: Operation Thunderstorm

Unread post by major sea » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 pm

i totally agree to this...the idea of diving a bit deeper in ww2 and get
them killed was sounding good to me but the play is not so bright.
i did played to game to the end due to not having anything else to
play. was this based on the unreal engine? half way i did wanted to
rather replay cod 1 sp again then to finish but liked still the idea of
killing goering, himmler very much. after having finished the game i
went out with girlfriend eating in a chinees restaurant and we ordered
a nazi goering....in germany... fingers01 
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Operation Thunderstorm

Unread post by Jason » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 am

Lol, the game uses the same engine as F.E.A.R. which is called EX Jupiter. The storyline sounded okay, even though a little lame.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial