GRAW

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
smusher
Private

GRAW

Unread post by smusher » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:07 pm

I'm surprised no one talked about GRAW yet on these forums.

As for the tactical shooter experience, I guess it's OK, as for the presentation, it is very nice, and there are some multiplayer modes everyone should try, as they can be quite fun. And the engine has been improved a lot for GRAW 2, although beefy system still recommended to enjoy its whole glory :) Especially when it comes to blowing things up.

You can give orders to your teammates separately, just like in HD2, but they actually do what you tell them :) Some levels can be completed entirely just by telling them what to do, you just stand back and watch the whole show, it can be entertaining, believe me.

Anyone ever played it?

Jason
Administrator

Re: GRAW

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:15 am

I have not played it but I just looked at the screenshots and have to say I will shortly! thup01

I have always liked the Rainbox Six / Ghost Recon games, they have a different style to H&D but yet different from all the other war game styles so it's a good alternative.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:54 am

I bought this game yesterday. It has a lot of bugs in multiplayer frown01

The game is very similar to Hidden and Dangerous, the graphics are great. Like Rainbow Six Vegas it has great squad control functionality that I'd like to see in H&D3, I hope IS/2kC are paying attention :mrgreen:

I'd definitely recommend the game to H&D fans!

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm really happy you've noticed the similarities between GRAW and HD. It might sound strange to others, but yes, GRAW reflects somewhat the atmosphere of my most beloved game :cool:

Now which one have you bought, the first or second? 'cos in GRAW 2 the graphical quality is better then in the first game, and the squad command system is improved too. The only annoying thing is it is scripted all the way, I hate when those f...ing machine guns kill the whole squad in a moment  tongue01 Vegas is what I start to like, the AI in that game is the best I've seen so far, even in Tango Hunt, there's no two skirmish-type match which would be the same. In Vegas 2 they promise 13 (!) re-make of the classic Raven Shield maps, so I definitely recommend that as well  thup01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:56 pm

I stopped playing this game for a while because my friend and I had heaps of crashes in coop. Now I've been playing GRAW2 with my friend and we are using a dedicated server (on a mac-mini, we have pcs) and it helps when my friend or I crash - he crashes more than me - we just re-connect rather than have to restart the game. So yeah if anyone else has or had the same issue just set up another pc if you can - the server doesn't have to be anything super special.

The game is so tactical, the AI are very much like the original rainbow six, basically one-shot and you're gone. They are all pretty good shots too!