Co-Op shooters?

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Swissy
Private

Co-Op shooters?

Unread post by Swissy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Ok... what other co-op shooter games are out there? been out of touch for any new releases... I know Rainbox Six: Las Vegas is co-op, as is Swat. What else? I'm looking for WWII stuff preferably tho... how about MoH:Airborne? Any of the CoD games?

buddies wanna branch out - we've played all the HD2 maps a number of times over now, and they are HOOKED!  :twisted:

Thanks...

smusher
Private

Re: Co-Op shooters?

Unread post by smusher » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:35 pm

I think you should stay away from Vegas  no_03 Thats a pile of shit. If you'd like to get close to the hd2 experience in other games, either in coop or any other mode, you should definitely check rainbow six raven shield & expansions, or swat 4 & expansion.

these are the only games worth mentioning beside our beloved hd2, the world of gaming generally aiming at stupid 12 year-olds, who like to run guns blazing.

disgusting  angry01

Swissy
Private

Unread post by Swissy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:16 am

Interesting... I thought the Rainbox Six series had a decent reputation. shows what I know!!

for all out gameplay, HD2 rocks. But the maps are getting so overplayed we'd like something new. Ghost Recon is in the order now, but not everyone has the horsepower to play it. And we'd like to stick with WWII era if possible. There are a ton of WW2 games out there, but where the $%^&* is the co-op?!?!?!  It seems they've all gone to console games...

Ah well...  there's always hope of more maps  :-?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:27 pm

As far as I know Moh Airborne has no coop. If you really want ww2 coop stuff like hd2 you should take a look at the original hdd and the addons or the standalone  Bertgold 1.1 or 1.2 than you will need some time to finish the missions. I should also mention the Deadly Dozen series. Nice coop with very big maps with a setting for dd1 in europe and in dd2 in the pacific. DD2 comes up with coop a mod allowed it to play the dd1 in coop too

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:46 pm

I think Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood has a bit of a co-op mode?
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:56 am

GRAW has coop missions, and they can be called real coop, as you're going to get teared up in seconds if your mates don't come with you covering all angles when you're running from one cover to another. Give it a try.

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:47 pm

I changed my mind and starting to like Vegas. First I hated it beacuse I really loved Raven Shield, and would've loved to see that kind of tactical gameplay in Vegas again, but instead, it is an arcade shooter. But it has it's advantages, I admit, and the AI is really cool. So keep playing it, and try to contact me if there's a plan for a good coop-party  fingers01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:02 pm

The great thing about Vegas that I really like is hiding behind corners and other objects. It is a good shoot'em up coop game but GRAW2 is better for tactical players but yeah you have to watch out for enemies everywhere! it's hard

H&D3 will be a great coop game :oops: whenever they decide to make it for us all

A H&D mod for GRAW2 would be excellent... hrmmm
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:05 pm

While practically not 'real' co-op in the game, Medal of Honor : Allied Assault and it's first expansion disc, Spearhead, do have a coop mod somewhere and most of the time it worked quite well.

But for decent non-WW2 cooping, Left 4 Dead is not too bad. Might be bit repetitive, but the gameplay is well made and it is quite fun most of the time. On expert, it also gives also decent challenge.

And even though not really a shooter, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 might be worth checking out, as IIRC it does have coop feature, and even dynamic campaign generator for coop aswell.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:16 am

Operation Flashpoint with WW2 mods is great co-op fun if you play with friends.  You will need to make your own missions after awhile though but that is pretty fun in itself.  Nothing like been part of a 80 vs 80 + ai battle with planes dogfighting above, tanks, mortors ect.

The first Ghost recon is also a great co-op game but not ww2 obviously..