Death to Spies - a H & D wannabe

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Re: Death to Spies - a H & D wannabe

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:57 pm

You would of loved where I am, about 4-5 years ago, they had H&D2 posters comming off the ceiling of our local Harvey Norman shop when H&D2 came out. Back then I didn't know how good H&D was, and looked at H&D2 but got MoHAA: Breakthrough instead, geez, I remember seeing an H&D2 + SS pack only 3 years ago for $50 on sale, I let slip through my hands because I was ignorant, f&%#!
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

:cry: I know what you mean, EB Games had H&D2 coming soon boxes! I wanted one but just never got around to asking... silly young me
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Jason wrote: Just waiting to find a H&D 1 or H&D 2 shirt... Lars has a H&D2 poster I think he should surrender to me ;) :lol:
If my arm is getting better I'll make some photos from my stuff (2 sided hd2 poster, HD2 postcards, HD2plane, Personal HD2 Advertation, Original Bertgold CD..
Would really love to see where the HD2 coffeecups and the watches are now ... and the really nice old barbone PC

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Would really love to see where the HD2 coffeecups and the watches are now ... and the really nice old barbone PC
Yeah I know, I have been keeping an eye out on ebay funny02, I really wanted one of those ammobox PCs

major sea
Private

Unread post by major sea » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:54 pm

a pity i do not like third person shooters....but this post does trigger me to
have a look. and maybe i dont  :cool:
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:14 am

I didn't like 3rd person shooters either until I played Mafia, then Death to Spies, they really aren't that bad. They are better than using the 3rd person mode in H&D. Just try the demo ;)

Snake_Eyes
Private

Unread post by Snake_Eyes » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am

Jason wrote: I didn't like 3rd person shooters either until I played Mafia, then Death to Spies, they really aren't that bad. They are better than using the 3rd person mode in H&D. Just try the demo ;)
I read what you said about the game, So I just went lookin for a copy. Gamestop online said one about 16 miles for 10$..
So First of all, YES, this is like a stright rip of H&D2. Same engine, same textures and objects. Hell, even the training mission, has the SAME obstacle and firing course. But that is NOT a bad thing. They just took H&D2, and shifted the game from Combat, to all about stealth.
I love all the new features.Throwing knives that are accurate as hell..Chloroform. Neck wire, like the cobra troopers had on their shoulders (if you know what I mean)..
Sweet as hell game. Lots of detail, and the manual, gets very specific on what you can do and what you can get by with..VERY cool..
Only problem, is Im SO ooo used to H&D2 controls, these are similar, but different and I havin a hard time adapting. I Mean..IT IS H&D2 graphics, and everything..My brain thinks im playin H&D2, and I go into a full sprint while im sneakin..lol..

Overall GREAT game..ANY H&D2 fans should just automatically have this in the game collection hands down...
Love it.., and thanks for the recommendation!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Glad you liked it as much as I did, but I think the textures are a little better in Death to Spies than H&D2 :oops: The expansion for Death to Spies called Moment of Truth is being converted to English now and will be finished sometime with-in the next 3 months, so the devs say

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 am

Last edited by Heatseeker on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:49 am

Hahahaha :lol: yeah I kinda noticed that when I first played it, funny, the way they tell the story is like mafia through the cutscene which are based in the future and you play the past. They must like the work of 2k czech (Illusion softworks).

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:34 pm

To bad that they didin't copied the coop.. or added an editor ;)
Played the demo for both but somehow i always made something wrong and they always get me ....... but from the grafics it looks much better as hd2  thup01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Lars wrote: To bad that they didin't copied the coop.. or added an editor ;)
Well, people are still able to edit maps a little, just more like the way we all have to edit H&D2.
Lars wrote:Played the demo for both but somehow i always made something wrong and they always get me ....... but from the grafics it looks much better as hd2
It definitely has a learning curve, it's not a game for COD fan boys. You need a lot of patience, if you get angry (and you probably will :mrgreen:) it's best to switch it off and come back to it later. The first two missions of DTS MOT took me close to 4 hours each, the next two a couple of hours and the last few took me an hour or less. The environments over all are some of the best I have seen (not graphics wise) they create a very good atmosphere.

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Lars wrote: To bad that they didin't copied the coop.. or added an editor ;)
Played the demo for both but somehow i always made something wrong and they always get me ....... but from the grafics it looks much better as hd2  thup01
I scored "wolfhound" rating in the MOT demo but it was on easy, on hard i only managed to rate "Cleaner" because i lost my patience and shot one SS soldier in the head :oops: .