So I got a demo...

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Trebissky
Corporal

So I got a demo...

Unread post by Trebissky » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:44 pm

... of Operation Flashpoint about a couple YEARS ago, couldn't play it on my old comp so it just sat there.

I finally got a new Dell, and dug the demo CD out to see what it was like.  I have played that ONE MISSION probably almost a hundred times already, and have BEATEN IT at least 5 or 6 times!  So I just ordered the GOTY Edition online.

It came today.....  :P
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Re: So I got a demo...

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:01 am

Have fun with OFP, its a fantastic game.

If you have a new PC are you finally able to play H&D2?  :grin:

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:37 pm

I sure hope so... because I bought that, too.  :lol:

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:05 am

Excellent, about time too. ;) Hope you enjoy it and if you need some help on coop drop me a pm, I haven't played it in ages. thup01

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 pm

Anybody know how to fly a Cobra in Flashpoint with just a mouse and keyboard?  The best I can manage is with this "Auto-hover" thing turned on, and then I can move it around slowly about a foot off the ground.  Or will I need to go buy a joystick just for that?  If I try it without that "auto-hover" I get about three feet and the chopper flips over on its back and stays that way.  Doesn't CRASH, just sits there upside down with the rotor spinning.  :shock:

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:34 am

Huh? Chopper flying in Operation Flashpoint is easy with a mouse/keyboard (but not so in Armed Assault). It also shouldn't be possible for a Cobra to flip upside down like that unless you hit a building/tree. For me in OFP all you need to fly is hold Q (increase height) and then just use the mouse to steer (aim lower to fly at a lower angle and go faster etc.). There's not much more to it than that, so I can only think there's a problem with your controls configuration. Try disabling joystick control for a start. If it's still fucked and you can't fix it I can probably send you my control configuration.

Joystick control of choppers/planes is absolutely no advantage in OFP, you're much better off using a mouse, so don't bother buying a joystick.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 am

What Dell model did you get? I've been playing Armed Assault the past few weeks extensively. Not saying you should skip OFP and it's two expansions, which you get in the GOTY, but that you should definitely look into getting ArmA if you can run it. Also the expansion to ArmA is out at the end of the month, not for us in the US though I don't think.

As for chopper control, use the QZWASD keys or the arrow keys. It is a lot more responsive I think, usually when I would start using the mouse I would flip around.

Did you get HD2 and SS?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Is that Q also supposed to be "forward fast" when on foot?  If so, I switched mine to the left Shift.  Q didn't seem to do anything anyway when I tried it.

So far I only have H&D2, but haven't installed it yet.  If I remember right, there were something like 12 patches for it, too, and they all had to be installed one after the other.  Anybody know where to get those?

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Did I mention that it's good to see all you guys again?

Postal25
Private

Unread post by Postal25 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:10 am

Hi, your name sounds familiar to me. I played a lot hidden and dangerous 1 online with dvrabel/fugue and some others in 2001. Didnt I play with you once?? Anyway, you just need the last patch version 1.12 so you dont have to apply all independent patches. Just get the 1.12 patch. It's 123mb. There's an autoupdater.exe in the hiddenanddangerous2 directory which updates h&d when you click it. But if that doesnt work you can download the patch on this site in the hidden and dangerous 2 download section.

good luck,
Chris
Last edited by Postal25 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:15 am

I was an original member of fugue's H&D2 site, and yeah, I recall seeing you there sometimes, but I only played H&D1 online a few times, with a couple of guys who never posted there.

(Wait a minute... do you live in Virginia, and know a guy in China?)

Y'know, if any of you still play that, I wouldn't mind trying it again.  I gave up on it back then because the comp I had was just barely able to run it, and that slowly.  Now, though... it runs like it really SHOULD have, at last!

Thanks for the tip about the HD2 patches, I'll have to wait until I actually install it, and right now I'm still getting used to Flashpoint.
Last edited by Trebissky on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:37 pm

Trebissky wrote: Is that Q also supposed to be "forward fast" when on foot?
For me Q and E are evasive movement on foot and while in an aircraft Q is accelerate.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Trebissky
Corporal

Unread post by Trebissky » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Still no joy with choppers.  There's another mission where you fly an Apache.  Did the same damn things.

Oh well.