RS Raven Shield

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
smusher
Private

RS Raven Shield

Unread post by smusher » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:08 am

I just thought I should give this game a try, and it turned out to be a great surprise. It is complex, you can plan your strategies (if any) in advance, there's a maximum of eight controllable characters on your side, lots of weapons, one shot one kill athmosphere, no arcade shooter feeling, some great game modes like lone wolf or hostage rescue, open and large levels. Plus lots of custom maps already out there by a great community, thanks for the map editor provided by Red Storm.

Compared to RS Lockdown, it is a shining star, Lockdown is a shining pile of shit.

Anyone ever played it?

Jason
Administrator

Re: RS Raven Shield

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:34 am

I haven't played any of the recent Rainbow Six games but I did like the originals. They just had a really cool feel about them. A unique atmosphere like H&D1 had.

The last game I did play like RS was SWAT 4 which is pretty good. I do like the more realisitic hitpoints (one shot one kill) ... sometimes :mrgreen:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:34 am

Right, the original RS games had the athmosphere of HD1, but then, RS3 had the athmosphere of HD2. Not the same, of course, but close enough.

My second topic would have been the SWAT 4 if you hadn't mentioned that already. Sounds are great, one of the best I've ever heard. The only drawback is that you can never switch between characters, so if you fuck up even just once, mission failed. Second drawback, to be precise, you can not plan your strategies ahead: you are given a piece of toiletpaper with some sketch on it and go.

The planning, nice sounds, switching between your men, lots of weapons, etc. makes Raven Shield a little bit closer to HD2, thats why I strongly recommend it to any HD2 fan.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Thats interesting because just recently I DLed the SWAT4 demo and liked it, so I had a few of my guys buy the gold edition and we are gonna go through the game with all five of us in coop, first time.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:19 am

SWAT 4 is great. According to some opinions, it is the best in co-op, although I like the single player mode, you have to use your brain all the time, and you can customize you missions, it's a great feature. It's a shame I dont have the opportunity to play it with my friends, all of them are great fans of call of duty/medal of honor and shit.

So how is it going? I mean play through in co-op?