Commandos 3

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Commandos 3

Unread post by Jason » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:11 pm

I just bought this game, I know :lol: it's old. But I really liked the others.

So far it has not impressed me as it is too action packed :| it's kind of a disappointment. I'm doing the Stalingrad campaign at the moment. First mission you were the sniper, now you have to protect some russian officer against german attacks, you have the sapper the sniper and the green beret. Does it return to the old - less action packed and more stealth?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Re: Commandos 3

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:42 pm

It does a bit but its nothing like as good as the first 2.  Its also far too short and the missions unoriginal IMO. Only improvement is that they got rid of the driver.

I'm currently playing my way through the original, I haven't played it foir years.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:30 am

Lardassmonkey wrote:Only improvement is that they got rid of the driver.
LMAO, yeah that is too true he was so useless even in Commandos 2.

My only issue with Commandos 1 is the fact that the Green Beret is the only one who can pick up bodies. Would have been nice to have had the cigarettes. I did like the "puppet" idea in the expansion, even though it was very unrealistic.

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:23 pm

Yeah the green beret being the only one who could carry bodies can be a real pain. The lack of a silent kill/KO for most of the other characters can be a problem too. I guess you could say it makes things more challenging,as if the game wasn't hard enough already.  funny02

Thats why I love C2 so much, it fixes all the issues with the original as well as introducing lots of new features and having some great missions. C3 just didn't take the series anywhere new so was pretty poor in comparison.

Have you played the 4th, the FPS one? The demo was enough for me, its not a commandos game afaik just MOH with different accents.  no_01

I've still have never played the add-on, I will do once I finish the original. I only bought them a few months ago- the first time I played it I borrowed it from a friend.
Last edited by Lardassmonkey on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:50 pm

The addon is great for C1 and it's a great challenge - the levels are bigger and have more enemy guards from memory. The third level is a bit of a challenge for sure :mrgreen: I'm sure you will enjoy it.

You'll see that a few things that make C2 great are in it, so yeah grin01

I haven't played Strike Force yet, not sure if my pc can play it but I am not expecting much :|