Vietcong 1 or 2 ?

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Vietcong 1 or 2 ?

Unread post by Jason » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:04 pm

Has anyone played Vietcong 2? Does anyone play / like this game :?:

I sort of played the Vietcong 1 demo but it ran SO choppy :shock:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Lars
Commando

Vietcong 1 or 2 ?

Unread post by Lars » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:08 pm

Tried the VC2 demo but I didin?t liked it LOS vietnam looked much nicer. Played also the VC1 demo and half of the game ... in someway i lost the intresst in that missiondesign

baff
Corporal

Vietcong 1 or 2 ?

Unread post by baff » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:27 pm

vietcong 1 has a fun little multiplayer.

both vietcong 1 and 2 bring some nice elements to game control and animation.

in vietcong 1 when you bunny hop a log the animation that the other players see is not a zebedeee style sproing, but more of a clamber. (You appear to place one arm on the log and vault over).

In vietcong 2 your weapon length is a factor. Each gun has hit detection, instead of allowing the barrel to clip through walls, when you get too close the animation forces you to raise your barrel.

In this way an AK47 is much less effective indoors than an SMG or better yet pistol.

I also like the way you can shoot over walls, when you get too close you lean over them.

All in all vietcong (1&2) are pretty lacklustre games. Their interaction with the enviroments are the technical high points.
The multiplayer games are very familiar and competant. You choose your player role from sniper, gunner, medic, artillery spotter etc and play a games like CTF or Deathmatch or Team Death match or a very avoidable co-op. You die you respawn.
Vietcong 1 requires no cd key play so I'll bet the multiplayer is still very active and there is an expansion pack.

The single player campaigns are entertaining but essentially quite weak. A nights fun.
Vietcong 2 has not especially progressed from Vietcong 1 technically. It is an Xbox designed game and has been designed to work on the exact same system specs as the previous incarnation.

I have had no glitches, bugs or choppy play from either title. I found them to be very robust and functional softwares.