Mafia anyone?

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by Jason » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:46 am

Well I must say I have heard a few people crap on about Mafia and never even tried the game before I was quick to judge it and dismiss it. Then the other day I was bored and thought I might as well install it to give it a go.

I must say it is brilliant :oops:, for 2 and a half days I could not stop playing it... well apart from eating and sleeping of course :wink: Mafia is the only game I have ever played that made me feel as if I was in a movie.

If you haven't played Mafia go for it now! The cars are old but you get some awesome looking roadsters that just can't be missed :) If your a GTA3 fan, you'll ditch that shit and play Mafia instead.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Presley
Private

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by Presley » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:38 am

You're right, the game is magnificent. For me one of the greatest games. I've played Mafia few times.. and I love the game every time I'm playing :)
(really great missions: roofs, church, robbery on the hills, airport, prison-sniping and museum/gallery)
And I hope that finally against of all odds, Mafia 2 will be released some day... :?
Last edited by Presley on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drozdov
Major

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:58 pm

Mafia is one of the best games of all time. It's well up there in my top 10 list. :)

Excellent atmosphere, great cars, a massive city to run about in, great story (though I don't like the last mission), and good fun gameplay. Can't fault it.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Grimples
Major

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:06 am

I have eventually got a hold of Mafia & i have never been so irritated & angry at any other game, it's driving me nuts. I am now convinced IS are taking the piss. But, the game is great, love the music (am an oldies fan). Played the game for a week nonstop, i think i slept twice. Very addictive, your like taking part in a movie. Gonna play it again (& again) now that i have gotten used to the driving & such.
Any Mafia fans in this forum want Tommy & his guns to hold more ammo let me know & i will send them the file. Makes the game a wee bit easier. Haven't figured out how to up his health yet.
Last edited by Grimples on Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:30 am

Grimples... Please SPOPILER ALERT next time...

:? :evil: :roll: :idea: :!: :arrow: :o :( :shock: :x :?:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Grimples
Major

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:18 pm

Oops, never thought, edited post.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:25 pm

Mafia is rather funny game.

It is qutie much like some Mafia movie, and it?s action parts are well made and the scheme of 1930s is done well. And the missions are much more interesting than GTA?s wnb-gangster-wnb-cool-guy- stuff.

In early game, I liked that mission Running Man, somewhat realism, life before Mafia. But some missions, like Fairplay, was pretty annoying. The idea etc were great and gave you real reason to play carefully, but the racing part just drives you to nuts, or atleast it drove me. I am the worst formula driver on earth so that?s why I did not like it. Nice idea though in that part.

Also, the plot is well made. It is truly like some sort of movie, with all clich?s etc.

And action parts are well done, and as I said, the game idea works also. Relaxing driving around city before something goes wrong.

But AI was real dissapointment, like that damm mission where you were supposed to do deal with that some guy before Morello?s gorillas came and stopped the deal in parking lot, I hated the last part of it because Paulie and\or Sam always killed themselves to that grenade because they just rushed there. Had to witness that for 20 - 70 times before the mission was passed :D

But otherwise, it is great game. The AI is big letdown, and in early on, most people would give up, especially in that driving part, but it does not ruin the overall mood of 1930s, being a part of Mafia.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

SgtH3nry3
Private

Mafia anyone?

Unread post by SgtH3nry3 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:38 pm

This game is just one of my best games ever!!!

O.G.Jeff
Private

Re: Mafia anyone?

Unread post by O.G.Jeff » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:40 am

I really liked this game after I started using a game pad for driving. It made it a lot more enjoyable, but still used mouse and keyboard for non driving.

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:54 pm

I've heard some rumours about Mafia 2, anyone else heard something? I've been waiting for the announcement for five years now, I'm very excited. Mafia is one of the best games ever made.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:43 pm

The german USK, something like the PEGI in europe has rated and Mafia2 Trailer for the games convention in Leipzig.
Short after they has published it, it was removed again.
It´s only said that IS will make a special announce of a game for their 10th aniversary soon

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:19 am

Good news, you can tell. IS keeps its style: no updates on the website for more than a year, then suddenly: something big fingers01

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Anounced: Mafia2  grin01 this will only mean for IS an release maybe in 2010  :mrgreen: http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=7187

smusher
Private

Unread post by smusher » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:27 am

As for the screenshots, they're awesome. Highly detailed graphics, and the atmosphere of the original game recaptured. This is the absurdity of these "nextgen" games: they look awesome, but they also lack the taste of older games. IS is trying hard to keep close to the original, and develop motion capture to a never-seen-before level.

At least that's what I'd like to think  nods01

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmVrVBmqYaU Just wow.. bet i need a new gfx funny01