Comanche 4

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
geosouv
Lieutenant

Comanche 4

Unread post by geosouv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently replaying Comanche 4 as I mentioned in an earlier topic. I am playing it again after many years because I had good memories from this game. I remembered that the graphics were superb and the gameplay was difficult but really nice. I always had an interest in helicopters, it's airplanes I never liked. I find a lot of advantages in flying a helicopter compared to an airplane.

The helicopter can carry more weapons, many different types of weapons and more effective weapons, it can maneuver any direction it wants (up, down, left, right, backwards) and it looks a lot cooler than an airplane. The only disadvantage I can think of concerning the helicopter is that its speed is kind of slow compared to the ultra fast fighter planes.

Helicopters are an easier target to hit than planes but the latest Russian and American helicopters have a lot of stealth implementations to avoid being shot down. Here is an interesting video about the Comanche RAH-66 helicopter and here is a video about the Russian KA-50 Hokum helicopter (no commentary unfortunately). Actually there are some wonderful games about combat helicopters like this old one and this new one.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are