SAS Secure Tomorrow

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

SAS Secure Tomorrow

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:45 am

So I traded in (yay for Green Man Gaming!) Sniper: Art of Victory and bought SAS Secure Tomorrow another City Interactive buget game but this time around it's a winner thup01

It's very similiar to the style of play that the Royal Marines Commando had, if you haven't played that game basically you are in a 3 man squad. You have 2 AI characters following you around. They open doors and save your arse (on more than one occasion). This game has awesome weapons, they are fun to use and get the job done - shooting enemies results in painting the walls red with blood. It is rather brutal actually :shock: but of course fun ;)

The level design is rather simple corridor stuff but it does change mid way through the game to be a bit more open then goes back to the corridor fighting. I actually prefered the corridor levels myself. The battles with the AI were just more fun up close. The AI are pretty smart, they will do the usual retreat, duck for cover, fire from cover and even smack you in the face when you get up close.

The storyline is alright, but the game is definitely a bit on the short side. It's a simple run & gun deal, nothing much fancy. The game also has a multiplayer and there are actually people playing it online still. I had a few games and it was pretty fun.

It's worth the cheap price on Green Man Gaming if you have the spare cash.

Checkout some gameplay footage here:

Duke0196
Captain

Re: SAS Secure Tomorrow

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Gee, it must be budget. Not even a four-man squad. :lol: Glad you got a winner. thup01

Jason
Administrator

Re: SAS Secure Tomorrow

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:14 pm

I forgot to mention that one of the H&D2 voice actors appears to have been the main voice actor in this game. Someone else needs to play it, or review some gameplay footage to confirm :grin: