Brothers in Arms stealing H&D's glory

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
geosouv
Lieutenant

Brothers in Arms stealing H&D's glory

Unread post by geosouv » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi everyone, I recently bought Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 although I haven't received it yet cause it wasn't immediately available. I read some reviews on the game and decided it was a good game to buy, and similar to H&D philosophy. But when I entered the official site of Ubisoft (the publisher of the game) I saw this phrase in the game's advertisement: Brothers in Arms is the only first-person tactical shooter set in WWII. Check it out by yourself here. What do you think, is it possible that the only tactical shooter placed in WW2 was made in 2005?! Haven't they heard of the H&D series? Would BIA be the game it is if games like H&D hadn't existed? I think the game's publishers are at least unjust to games' history. In my opinion they are dishonest. What do you think?
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Brothers in Arms stealing H&D's glory

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 pm

geosouv wrote:In my opinion they are dishonest. What do you think?
Well, that's marketing for you. Right or wrong ... someone apparently thought there were enough differences to justify their statement. They should have expanded it a bit but then again that takes away the impact and Wow factor.