Hard Reset

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Hard Reset

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 pm

You have to check out Hard Reset if you're an older PC gamer or just enjoy that old classic shooter style.

The game's world is amazing, it's like a cross between Blade Runner and The Fifth Element. Check out the demo that just came out.
  • A haunting cyberpunk / dark sci-fi setting
  • Fast-paced, old-school shooter gameplay
  • Hordes of enemies to destroy
  • Epic boss fights
  • A deep, experience-based weapon upgrade system
  • High-fidelity graphics with full dynamic lighting
  • Extensive use of physics and dynamic environments
thup01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Hard Reset

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 am

Well you definitely got my interest mentioning Blade Runner.  First thing I bought on Blu-Ray.  The trailer does look like old-school Duke Nukem in a Blade Runner environment.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:49 am

There appears to be no crouch (!?) and no iron sights, definitely a classic feel to the game but with a modern twist. The environment is amazing, looks fantastic! The screenshots don't do it justice. For an indie game developer this is amazing. Can't wait for it to be released, cheap price too. Singleplayer PC only game, all ticks from me.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jason
Administrator

Hard Reset

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:14 pm

[Edited] merged with past post I made :oops:

Here is a fan made trailer for Hard Reset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXG4jIjIS1k
It makes the game look awesome, and it is. It's a very classic style shooter game with a great atmosphere thup01

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Reminds me of ole Duke Nukem.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:54 pm

You can get Hard Reset for 50% off ($14.98) at Green Man Gaming, it will activate via Steam apparently.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks for the Green Man Gaming info. Definitely saw some games of interest which are also carried on Steam but Green Man's buy-back policy is definitely a draw. thup01 Have you ever come across games available on Green Man which were not available directly from Steam? :?:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 am

Sniper: Art of Victory and SAS Secure Tomorrow aren't on Steam. Dark Sector is a game that was banned in Australia but it looks like I could buy it from Green Man Gaming ;)

The trade in thing is definitely good for those games you doubt you would ever play again. It's nice to have the option.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:26 am

That's interesting. I thought it might be a Publisher thing but they are both from City Interactive and I see Steam also carries City Interactive. :-?

As for banning and such, yeah that bites. And if its not banning then its censoring.

I'm messing around with "The Witcher Enhanced Edition" and downloaded some UK files to replace the idiotic censoring the North American version had. I often wish I was still back in Oz. Some of the Yank censoring is overboard. :sad:

Then again, how many WW2 games have you played that replace the swastika in German flags, etc? My latest experience with that was the U-Boat campaign in Silent Hunter 4.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 am

Wait, what censoring is there in the US? Are you saying that there is less in Australia now? You are not talking about political things are you? Usually it is in trailers and advertising for movies where in the US things are toned down sexually. Is there some sex you can't get to in the "The Witcher Enhanced Edition"?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Usually it is in trailers and advertising for movies where in the US things are toned down sexually.
Find that difficult to believe. Tits are as common as bread these days, who cares :roll: show it all :twisted: grin01

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 am

Jason wrote:Find that difficult to believe. Tits are as common as bread these days, who cares :roll: show it all :twisted: grin01
The European market is a bit more liberal when it comes to certain themes and since Oz usually follows the UK market, you would not have known there was a difference. I admit I didn't retire from the service just for digitized tits and other anatomical bits on a dryad :lol: but the subtle, and not so subtle, differences between some markets and the North American version are definitely there.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

You didn't answer the question! What is censored? :!: :?:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:You didn't answer the question! What is censored? :!: :?:
Refound this thread ... did not mean for you to wait so long for a response.

First off, no, nothing political. It was just a big topic of discussion on "The Witcher" forums of the double standards of gaming. You can cut someone in half with a chainsaw but not show a nipple. I do know some Canadians voiced their ire that Canada also had the North American version since it was made to conform to US, not Canadian, laws. Of course, all it took was a few simple downloads and file changes to remove the censoring. No major dramas really.

Anyway, the censoring in the North American version of "The Witcher" was usually a case of adding clothing (i.e., the dryad) or adjusting some cloth or hair to cover across an exposed breast, nipple, or nether regions, etc..

Using my dryad example, in the North American version, the dryad had her greenish-brown hair covering her nipples and a loincloth covering her other bits. Without the censoring, the dryad is nude with exposed breasts and a green bush (no pun intended). Okay, maybe slightly intended. :lol:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/File:Peop ... nsored.png
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Dryad

This censoring carried over to the "Sex Cards" as well. Again a strategically placed bit of cloth or hair covering certain parts. Not all cards, however, were "censored" as I guess the original was tame enough.

This in turn carried over to Sex card cut scene. The "uncensored" or "censored" card being place over the background sex scene. The background scene may have been the same for both cards.

You can see the standard cards along with the censored ones here.
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Sex_Cards
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category: ... _sex_cards

Take care ... Duke thup01

[P. S. Jason: Please feel free to remove or edit links if you feel they are not appropriate for your site.]

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 am

Duke0196 wrote:[P. S. Jason: Please feel free to remove or edit links if you feel they are not appropriate for your site.]
They all look fine to me :grin: thup01