Rush for Berlin

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Rush for Berlin

Unread post by Jason » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:07 am

Has anyone ever played Rush for Berlin? it's not mentioned on the forums at all. It was released all the way back in 2006. The gold (game + expansion) is on Steam for only $5, you can get the demo anywhere online it's a small 337MB. It plays similar to Men of War and Sudden Strike. There is a good review at IGN. The game has really cool cutscenes using the game's engine. The overall graphics are still good compared to today's standard, especially the explosions. It even has weather effects.

It would have been absolutely awesome in 2006. I have seen it every where before but never really gave it a go. I did play the demo a few months back but didn't pay attention to the mission tutorial and got my arse kicked. Played it again today and understood it much better especially after playing Men of War. If you like the style of Sudden Strike or Men or War or similar you'd probably like this. I'm downloading the full version from Steam now, definitely worth $5 thup01 I'll let you know how the full game goes.

Anyone played and beaten it?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Rush for Berlin

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

So how was it? :?:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

I haven't completely finished it... got distracted by a lot of other games including Men of War Assault Squad (which is awesome). Rush for Berlin is a great game, definitely worth getting. It's a mission based RTS game rather than mass unit. There can be a bit of micro management - especially with the special units, need to heal them a bit.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:54 am

I got a new laptop last month but still need to install my Steam account. I only had Empire: Total War and hadn't played it for months but I used to check out demos and such.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Duke0196 wrote:I got a new laptop last month but still need to install my Steam account.
Duke, can you really play games on a laptop? I mean laptop are really slow and their screens are terribly small and of bad quality. I have never had a laptop but I always thought they had insane prices and countless disadvantages like: No upgrades can be made, the system specs are very low, little service can be made if it is broken, they are very sensitive and have a much shorter life span compared to PCs. I mean a laptop is waisted money if you don't absolutely need it. Netbooks are even worse. What do you think?
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Jason,

I saw a review at gamespot on Rush for Berlin. It says it is just good (7.8/10). I wouldn't buy it but I don't play strategy games either, only action-strategy. Here is the link.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:54 pm

geosouv wrote: I mean a laptop is waisted money if you don't absolutely need it.
George, I would agree with you on several counts that you mentioned but in this situation I needed something portable in preparation for an upcoming extended holiday. Since I am a gamer I looked for something that was geared more for gamers. The most graphic intensive shooter I have on it is Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and that runs fine. The 17.3 inch screen isn't as big as my desktop but it'll do. I've been tinkering on computers since the 80s and my college background is Network Engineering so I'm not too worried if I need to look inside. While cost is always a concern, I save a bit by getting them through the military exchanges. In fact, I bought the laptop last month at a place you recently asked about ... Pearl Harbor.
geosouv wrote:Netbooks are even worse. What do you think?
Well, no argument from me and I think my wife would even agree. She bought a netbook to replace the laptop I sent her in Iraq. She was going to watch a DVD or something ... and of course ... no disc drive. :lol:

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Your wife is in... Iraq? What on earth is she doing there? Isn't it a war zone there? I mean, can a woman survive there? Do you have any children? Have you served on the U.S. Army? It sounds like you were in the military. That's very unexpected!

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 pm

geosouv wrote:Your wife is in... Iraq? What on earth is she doing there? Isn't it a war zone there? I mean, can a woman survive there? Do you have any children? Have you served on the U.S. Army? It sounds like you were in the military. That's very unexpected!
Thankfully she completed her 15-month tour without a scratch. Yes, I am retired military.