Next game of 2K Czech will be... a tennis game

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
MK
Private

Next game of 2K Czech will be... a tennis game

Unread post by MK » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 am

Hi all.

It`s my first post on this forum but I`ve read it for a long time.

I`ve just read some "interesting" information on the T2 webpage about next 2K Czech game. The game will be... Top Spin 4 - continuation tennis game series. This game is going to be released next year for PS3, Xbox and Wii. 2K Czech doesn`t have in plans develop H&D3, propably. I`m sure it won`t be next year.

But... 2K Czech isn`t the same 2K Czech (but maybe IS?) at the beginning cooperation with 2K Games. Why? Because important people left 2K Czech and they have joined to new Czech studio Vatra.

Hidden and Dangerous is very good serie and I think that should be continued. But, will it be? We have to wait.

Sorry for my bad English ;)

Jason
Administrator

Re: Next game of 2K Czech will be... a tennis game

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for posting this mate, your english is good don't worry thup01

Top Spin? are you serious? what the hell has happened?

I went to the Vatra website and saw that Alexander Sila is there :cry: *screams*

no_02 angry01 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There is no more Hidden and Dangerous :cry: they all left the company.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

MK
Private

Unread post by MK » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Radek Marek is there too. There is only a handful of people of this studio (leaders). I have read on Mafia 2 forum that about 20 people move to Vatra. Look here - http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showth ... r+vochozka

Yes, core team left 2K Company and go to Vatra. H&D3 is much more questionable than before.
Last edited by MK on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

:shock: the founder of Illusion Softworks left, that's pretty bad. Not many people leave their own company, at least not willingly. Sometimes they loose interest, maybe that's why it's with 2k now?

[Edit] Well, his LinkedIn says he still works there: VP of Development at  2K Games - 2K Czech
Last edited by Jason on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Illusion died the moment it became 2k czech, that was when people first started to leave... im not really surprised about this, not after Mafia 2 was butchered.
I dont know if the illusion engine belongs to 2k games/take 2 but im guessing it does... the H&D and Mafia ip's probably belong to T2 also.

Illusion and pterodon should have never been merged with 2gay games. Game over man! :shock:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Last time I asked, when they were Illusion Softworks, they owned all the rights to their games. Apparently 2k Boston/Australia own the rights to Bioshock. Who knows, was hoping for the next announcement to be about H&D3 or some other action game. Not some tennis game, maybe they are just taking one for the 2k team? Remember they said they were working on 3 titles - 1 being Mafia 2. I seriously doubt this tennis thing would be one... maybe the others got cancelled *shrugs*

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Sorry man but i really think Take 2 must own these IP's now.. and 2k czech is really just that, a czech 2k studio working for 2k gaymes.
I dont see Take 2 making a H&D3 these days...  no_01 .

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:43 am

We don't need them... just would have been easier that way...

MK
Private

Unread post by MK » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Jason wrote:
[Edit] Well, his LinkedIn says he still works there: VP of Development at  2K Games - 2K Czech
Actually  :roll:

Jason, the information about Petr Vochozko leaving 2K Czech is from Mafia2 forum. So, you know - only hearsay ;) But in Vatra`s team is many people from Illusion Softworks and they made H&D titles. And this is not good foothold in the context of making H&D3.
Jason wrote: Remember they said they were working on 3 titles - 1 being Mafia 2.
I didn`t know about that. Good news mate!
Last edited by MK on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:16 pm

There was footage released of another game: Moscow Rhapsody but that has not even been announced.

Enemy in Sight would have been cool, Atari still has the rights for that though.

Chameleon would have been good to play as well, but there is no English version as far as I know and it wasn't developed by Illusion Softworks, just used their LS3D engine. They did "comission" it though but it wasn't up to their standard.

Would be nice if we had actual members of Illusion or former members come to the forums, any forums related to their games... might clear up some things.

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 pm

i read some where on 2k forums that Moscow Rhapsody became Call of Duty: World at War, and the other game might have been HiTech which became Mirrors Edge, ill search for the info now

edit: found it

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showth ... w+rhapsody

post #16

ps. on the Other Games section on here, it seems people already said it looks like COD and is FPS, not squad based, maybe with IS/2K buyout they read this thread and thought lets see Activision will pay us loads of money for it
Last edited by crusti on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 pm

LMAO, that's a load of shit, I have COD World at War and it looks nothing like that. It's clearly a Russian focused/non-WW2 game and COD WaW  is not, it's a WW2 game. Enemy in Sight was supposed to be squad based not Moscow Rhapsody as far as I know.

Atari killed Enemy in Sight, not 2k or Illusion Softworks.

Interesting to hear about HiTech, looked like shit though :lol:

Heatseeker
Corporal

Unread post by Heatseeker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 pm

If you ask me Enemy in sight and Moscow Rhapsody were desperate stunts they tried to pull when they felt things were falling apart and tried to work with other publishers.

Anyone remember this?
New York, NY - January 8, 2008 - Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today announced the acquisition of Illusion Softworks, a premier Central European-based game development studio with operations in Brno and Prague, the Czech Republic. Illusion Softworks has approximately 200 employees and will join Take-Two's 2K Games publishing label as its newest studio, 2K Czech.

"We have an excellent working relationship with 2K Games and the utmost respect for them," said Petr Vochozka, CEO of 2K Czech. "We are pleased to become a 2K studio and are confident that this new partnership will strengthen our current and future projects."

What a load of crap uh? From there on it all went downhill..

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 am

Now now you haven't play this new Tennis game yet ;)

Someone live in Brno? go knock on their door and ask what the fuck is going on for us. Lars you live right next door to them :P

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:11 am

Lmao 450 km airline to Brno and 250km to Prague. Even if i would like to its not allowed me to go everywhere atm .. fkn gov ...  no_02