Wolfshanze II

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Wolfshanze II

Unread post by Jason » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:37 am

Let me just say this about City Interactive, normally I like their budget games. But Wolfshanze II while the graphics is very nice, the story and missions are crap (and the voice acting, Russian accent, is awful). The story is:
Embark on a perilous mission to a Nazi stronghold as an officer of the Russian army during World War II. Your main task is to steal an encrypting machine along with its code book, but as the story unfolds, even more attractive objectives show up. A genius German professor and his secret weapon prototypes...
Okay so it sounds like a badly translated gist of an okay game. You may think what the fuck is an encrypting machine? yeah me too... maybe they meant Enigma :P

My favourite parts about this game were... the level design, seriously not bad and the enemy animations were cool especially the "fire behind while running" animation, very cool. The AI was actually okay, I didn't notice any problems. An interesting thing is that when you shoot an enemy with the sniper rifle you hear their death grunt so that you know you got them. Things I really didn't like were the regenerating of your health takes too long and the game is just too dark. The game ends suddenly and is really short. They have some filter over it all so it kind of takes away from the graphics. It's a shame it's not a better game because it really does look good.

I wouldn't buy this game or play it... but has anyone else played it?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial