Call of Duty 2 & COD1 United Offensive

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Call of Duty 2 & COD1 United Offensive

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 pm

geosouv wrote:@-ViTaMiHnM203-

Interesting topic, I was referring to the single player mostly, I don't really like multiplayer gaming in general. Actually no, the problem was not resolved. Jason is working on it.
Past Jason certainly was :oops: past Jason has forgotten a lot of things. I'm only on H&D2 1.06 atm, I'll upgrade to test it out tomorrow. If I forget, remind me - bit busy with work atm :|

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Duke,

I too was stupid enough to buy COD without the expansion pack. Later, I bought the Deluxe edition. Fortunately, both packages were very cheap. Now, I always look at wikipedia to find out if a game has expansions or sequels.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:Oh really? :!: :?: How did you come about this insider information? :!: :?:
Are you referring to me? What do you mean by insider information? Do you mean the forum on windows 7? If that's what you mean, well I just googled some keywords and after some searching I found this article. It wasn't that hard. If you really need something eventually you find it.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Jason wrote:I'm only on H&D2 1.06 atm, I'll upgrade to test it out tomorrow. If I forget, remind me - bit busy with work atm :|
My son got a laptop with Win 7 on it as a present, and we are kind of having the same problem. The problem is not a Win 7 server, it is Win 7. To play he had needed to use a separate connection, and his ping was not the 1 - 6 I would expect from someone playing right next to me.

Found a work around, somehow just now... Created a LAN server, his game was able to see it and connect to it, miracle. He disconnected, I closed the server. I created an internet server, he was able to connect to it, and now it is working. Before his game could see the server, but when he tried to connect to it, while using our LAN, he just got the "joining server" indefinitely like the other post states.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be a Win 7 issue anymore. Tried tonight with three of us on LAN, connecting to our server through the internet, at first it worked for my son, but my wife couldn't join, à la "joining server" indefinitely. Tried again, and then neither of them could join the server through internet. When running it as a LAN server it works. After having our game on LAN, we tried again, one could join, then when another tired they got "joining server" indefinitely.

Edit: Finally reset the router and enabled UPnP, seems to work now.
geosouv wrote:Do you mean the forum on windows 7?
No. :roll:
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 pm

geosouv wrote:Duke, I too was stupid enough to buy COD without the expansion pack. Later, I bought the Deluxe edition. Fortunately, both packages were very cheap.

It isn't stupid if you like a particular type of genre or series. I just happened to see the CoD box set and grabbed it for curiosities sake.
geosouv wrote:Now, I always look at wikipedia to find out if a game has expansions or sequels.
To be honest, UO was the only expansion. I guess when they figured they had a hit ... they decided to just make new games in the CoD series. :lol: