Hour of Victory

Feel free to talk about any old, new or other than World War 2 games here.
Jason
Administrator

Hour of Victory

Unread post by Jason » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am

Remember the game Deadly Dozen? the only game supremely influenced by Hidden and Dangerous... basically the same game but with Americans. Well, N-Fusion, the game developers that made it have been quiet lately. But they recently made two games one being Frontlines: Fuel of War and the other Hour of Victory. Frontlines did okay in the reviews, it is sort of like Battlefield and Quake Wars by the sounds of it but Hour of Victory did not. It was reviewed very badly. It's a world war 2 game similar to what I imagine Commandos Strike Force to be, (I only gave the demo of Strike Force a quick go. Did not bother with it because the gameplay was shit.) as you have the option to play as a SAS Commando for Assault, US Army Ranger for sniper and American OSS Operative for infiltration.

I have not completed a level yet, not sure if I will. Just installed it then and you have to use a MS Live Gaming Account, which pissed the angry01 out of me. The graphics are fucking shit house, Unreal Engine 3? Doesn't feel like it, The textures are worse than H&D1, how that is possible for a game made in 2007 I have no clue. Edited: The graphics options are shit, they only let you change the resolution which in turn changes everything else. I played it in 1024x768 now changed to 1280x1024 and it looks much better but it runs like a dog. There is no PC demo and its PC release for the US was cancelled. I will give it another go shortly but... wow... not a good first impression.

Anyone else waste time/money on this game?

[Addition 18 Nov 09]
Been playing the game every evening. Each mission has sections to it and you must finish each section before it saves. Basically you have to force your way through each section or the AI will keep spawning. Yep, right in front of your eyes the AI will re-spawn until you push through to the next section and if you are lucky enough for the game not to fucking crash once you have forced your way through all the sections of the mission then you get to go through the same tired bullshit again.

It has a nice looking level that reminds me of the end of (the movie) Where Eagles Dare though... funny01
Last edited by Jason on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jason
Administrator

Re: Hour of Victory

Unread post by Jason » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Not only stuck but managed to get off the ground. No idea what happened LMAO :mrgreen:

(BTW I had to put the graphics down for this level as it went WAY too slow, it looks a bit better than these pics)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Jason wrote:Basically you have to force your way through each section or the AI will keep spawning. Yep, right in front of your eyes the AI will re-spawn until you push through to the next section and if you are lucky enough for the game not to fucking crash once you have forced your way through all the sections of the mission then you get to go through the same tired bullshit again.
So, "basically", like HD2 occupation with short re-spawn.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:48 am

Finally finished the game. Awful. The last level is stupidly difficult. The "boss" disappears in front of your eyes, but the object is to kill him. The game suddenly ends with a short cutscene of the enemy dying. This game is awful, full of bugs, has no storyline and is just pure shit. Never play this turd, its not worth the time or effort. Maybe one or two of the battles were cool.

Concept was cool, 3 soldiers with different skills but this game doesn't deserve a review nor a score. DONT PLAY IT.