Online Playing

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Polish Underground Force
Private

Online Playing

Unread post by Polish Underground Force » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:08 am

Hey, I have played H&D for two years now. But never online. When I installed GameSpyArcade, my anti-virus protection was deleting all these adware stuff??! I thought it was still ok, but when I joining a game it started to block it..

tell me please, is this normal? and what should I do, ALLOW it or BOCK it?

Jason
Administrator

Re: Online Playing

Unread post by Jason » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:55 am

It is okay to allow GameSpyArcade
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Are you actually gonna find servers through them? It might be safer/better to just get an ip from a game you know will be running and connect directly. I wouldn't say it is "safe" to allow gamespy, it depends on what you are willing to let a program like that access/put on your pc.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Polish Underground Force
Private

Unread post by Polish Underground Force » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:30 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Are you actually gonna find servers through them? It might be safer/better to just get an ip from a game you know will be running and connect directly. I wouldn't say it is "safe" to allow gamespy, it depends on what you are willing to let a program like that access/put on your pc.
What do you suggest??

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm

If you play with friends you can use IP but if he wants to play with people on GameSpy doesn't he have to use the software to connect to the game? :|

Safe meaning no more evil than Google, Microsoft etc. :lol:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Microsoft we are in bed with just by using Windows. Google I never really think to worry about. GameSpy I have never liked. I haven't been on GameSpy in ages, since I used to host OFP games. Plus I never played HD on there.

I was just wondering if you will actually find games running... There must be so few games, one or two at a time maybe once in a while, that you might be better off getting the IP for those games and connecting directly through the game.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:43 am

So thats why when I used to try and find games in H&D Deluxe, it would always just say, Waiting for players..., on the screen?

Man and alot of people are playing H&D2 online now since the v1.12 patch, I think they must be all SS players, poor little me, I haven't been able to find Sabre Squadron, and I don't have the resources to buy it online, I long for H&D3, then H&D2 Deluxe will become FREE!
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 am

:shock: you're kidding, you don't have SS, I can always donate you a copy. They are cheap as chips on eBay.

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:05 am

Man that would be super, but seeing as hell you live in Perth and I in Brisbane, I would have to get up there and pay you somehow.

And cheap as chips, what $2.50, hehehehe.
Watch my personal text, it reveals how many days or how many kilobytes of code may pass before I'm seen on the forum and what I'm doing on those days; It's being as Zoolander would say "InFourMaTave in a small small way".

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:29 pm

Oh cool you're with-in missile range... err I mean cheap postage :mrgreen:

Donate means give for free :P plus it's inspired me to run a competition... I'll order 6 copies or something, time to go searching for deals on Ebay grin01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:11 pm

Hey don't grab up all the last copies of the game! fingers01

The fingers face isn't bad right? He is grinning! :mrgreen:

(UGF} Corporal Desola
Corporal

Unread post by (UGF} Corporal Desola » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 am

Thanks, Jayson, missile range, eh?
Remember there is a Mission Control Brisbane too, fingers on the buttons boys, LoL.

(Down here at Hacker Control we have an incomming bogie, oh no, it's IndeSTRUCtable again with his Navy Blue Beret, German Uniform and Speed Hack, ah well, , hehehehe)
Last edited by (UGF} Corporal Desola on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.