Running H&D Delux without CD

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Sam
Private

Running H&D Delux without CD

Unread post by Sam » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:23 am

Is it posible to run H&D Delux without CD.I have tried insalling the game from the hard disk where I copied the entire contents of the Cd.But the game still asks for the CD.Can anyone help me.Thankz

Sam

Oddball
Private

Re: Running H&D Delux without CD

Unread post by Oddball » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:50 pm

I haven't found a way. Even the *cough*no-cd cracks*cough* I've tried don't work and the game still asks for the CD.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:04 pm

There was no working no cd crack for the cd version of deluxe... but why are you now downloading the official free version of deluxe witch doesn´t need any cd? http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/deluxe/download.php

Oddball
Private

Unread post by Oddball » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:43 pm

A fair question, but the answer is I bought the CD before the free download version was available and I'm determined to use it. :)

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Sure I got the cd version, too. But I never got it working with any no cd crack. The Only workarround I know is to make an iso image of hdd, store it on your hd and use it in an drive emulator like demontools. As far as I remember is that this worked.

Oddball
Private

Unread post by Oddball » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Hm, I have to admit using the CD doesn't really bother me but I do enjoy the convenience of not having to put it in when it's possible.  My copy of H&D2 doesn't use a CD anymore, for example, but in that case it was far more annoying when the install program started everytime the CD was inserted. At least H&DD pops up a proper Autorun menu.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:48 am

I agree with Lars the best way is to use an ISO
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial