Mutiplayer Questions

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
MorgTzu
Private

Mutiplayer Questions

Unread post by MorgTzu » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:01 pm

smile01

I don't normally like to start a new topic just for a question, but I could not find it adressed anywhere...is there team vs team mutiplayer possible for H&D deluxe ?

Has anyone had experience with the mods that unlock all levels? does this mess up mutiplayer in any way?

Thanks, MorgTzu

Oldih
Global Moderator

Re: Mutiplayer Questions

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:06 pm

Unfortunately, there is no player vs player or team vs team mode in H&DD.

To unlock all levels in multiplayer, you could use a profile which has the game completed.

Let´s say I use profile X which has completed the game under normal, if I use same profile while hosting MP game, all levels are avaible with the avaible weaponry you used and so on.

However, if you use profile Y which you just created and begin to host game in MP, you must complete mission by mission in order to proceed onwards.

And about level unlocking mods, I don´t think there is any real mod around that just unlocks, and in my experience, most mods that "hacks" the game more or less have some sort of side-effects.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:48 am

Just use the mission skip cheat in each level till the end, and you have all the levels unlocked...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

MorgTzu
Private

Unread post by MorgTzu » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:36 pm

On a seperate note so that I don't have to start a new topic, is there a way to drop a weapon in game to make room for others you can pickup...it feels pretty silly but I can't see anything in the manual or on the forums about it. Thanks.

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:12 pm

If you want to drop any item, go into the inventory screen, click-drag the icon and move it away from the inventory slots menu and let go. It'll then fall down at your feet. I think there's also a key for dropping your weapon, can't remember the default binding though, but you'll see it in the control configuration screen.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:19 am

That sounds like what you can do in HD2...

But there is an option in the controls that lets you drop your weapon, I think I used Q to drop and E to pick up...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:02 am

Simple way to drop any item is to press use button down after you select the item.

Now, press and hold it down and at first you should hear some generic H&DD inventory scrolling\using sound. Now when you hear it second time, release it and it will drop the item down.

You can also see the icon change in H&DD after the second sound. If you hold it longer, it will change icon again (and play another sound) so that you would eguip it if you release it, and soon after that again this other sound and icon change, meaning you want to drop it.

It is quite complicated to explain but just hold the use button down (after selecting the item from inventory) and wait for the 2nd time to sound plays.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 pm

Ah woops, forgot this was the H&D Deluxe board.  no_02 Oldih answered the question anyway - just hold use until you see the icon change (I think the drop icon is an arrow pointing down).
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

MorgTzu
Private

Unread post by MorgTzu » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:58 pm

Thanks for the answers everyone.  thup01