C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:03 pm

I arrived at the boat and since have been blown up about 38 times! Can't figure out how to beat the German guard. When I stand in the center of the aft portion of the boat, press U then Forward the engine starts; but before it revs up enough to leave I get killed.
Would appreciate any suggestions, advice. Thanks
pukey
pukey123

Drozdov
Major

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Yeh, this bit is a lot harder in H&D Deluxe. In the original, the boat couldn't be destroyed, so it wasn't so hard. What you need to do is set up an ambush for all the enemies that come running out of the pub next to the docks. Position 3 of your squad at the side of the pub, or anywhere else you think will work, and have them shoot the enemies as they run past. If you have land mines, use them - put one right at the door and it'll take out lots of them. Remember you need to use the other guy to jump into the boat to get the Germans to come out, but don't press U, have him lie down in the back so he can't be seen and they won't shoot at the boat. Once the Germans from the pub are all dead, just load up and drive off.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:27 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]Yeh, this bit is a lot harder in H&D Deluxe. In the original, the boat couldn't be destroyed, so it wasn't so hard. What you need to do is set up an ambush for all the enemies that come running out of the pub next to the docks. Position 3 of your squad at the side of the pub, or anywhere else you think will work, and have them shoot the enemies as they run past. If you have land mines, use them - put one right at the door and it'll take out lots of them. Remember you need to use the other guy to jump into the boat to get the Germans to come out, but don't press U, have him lie down in the back so he can't be seen and they won't shoot at the boat. Once the Germans from the pub are all dead, just load up and drive off.[/quote]

Thank you very much Comrade Drozdov: I'll certainly bring my other men into the fray. The guide I got off the internet said to refrain from shooting anybody; so I'll be more than happy to take out a few more bad guys. Given the support I receive from you, Lars and Oldih, I cannot fail. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

Drozdov
Major

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:38 pm

The guide's right that you shouldn't shoot anybody, up until you get to the bit with the boat. If you haven't got the rest of your squad over, the best way to get them over is to have one man run to collect civilian clothes for all of your men and bring them back. Once they're all in disguise you have to control them and walk them over to the boat one by one (you've probably noticed that the AI controlled squadmates don't care if they're in disguise, they just pull out a gun and start blasting away). Oh, you'll need to knife the 2 guards near the boat, the one on the docks and the one on the beach nearby.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Or you can just knife 1 guard closest to the boat then shoot the other to spawn the pubbers...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:46 am

Thanks to Drozdov and ViTaMiNhM203: Sure appreciate the info. I've started over and must quit for the day. However, I did move all 4 men to the clothes line and each one took his share of civilian clothes. Tomorrow I will hopefully complete the mission. You gentlemen on this forum are exceptional in the amount of time you take to help others. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:14 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]The guide's right that you shouldn't shoot anybody, up until you get to the bit with the boat. If you haven't got the rest of your squad over, the best way to get them over is to have one man run to collect civilian clothes for all of your men and bring them back. Once they're all in disguise you have to control them and walk them over to the boat one by one (you've probably noticed that the AI controlled squadmates don't care if they're in disguise, they just pull out a gun and start blasting away). Oh, you'll need to knife the 2 guards near the boat, the one on the docks and the one on the beach nearby.[/quote]

I finally finished the mission but am dissatisfied with my performanc. First time I lost 2 men, this time 1. What is disappointing is that I was unable to knife the guard - kept getting killed immediately after equipping myself. Also, I had one man in the boat and two next to the boat, all lying down- they were all armed and it didn't trigger any alarm. How I finally got away I'll never know. Should I have set up an ambush as you originally suggested - then proceeded to kill the guard on the pier?
Thanks in advance.
pukey
pukey123

Drozdov
Major

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:38 pm

What I do first is send one man alone to the docks area and have him knife the two guards walking about. You have to do it from behind, and you can't get behind him unless you do a bit of silent walking - if you walk normally, you make a noise and he keeps staring at you. If you walk silently, you get round behind him, then pull out your knife and stab him. Make sure you keep hold of the silent walk button the whole time. The guy on the beach is easier to knife, since you don't have to walk around him - just creep up from behind and stab him. After they're both dead, you can then proceed to bring up the rest of the team, and set up an ambush for the pub guards.

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]What I do first is send one man alone to the docks area and have him knife the two guards walking about. You have to do it from behind, and you can't get behind him unless you do a bit of silent walking - if you walk normally, you make a noise and he keeps staring at you. If you walk silently, you get round behind him, then pull out your knife and stab him. Make sure you keep hold of the silent walk button the whole time. The guy on the beach is easier to knife, since you don't have to walk around him - just creep up from behind and stab him. After they're both dead, you can then proceed to bring up the rest of the team, and set up an ambush for the pub guards.[/quote]

Thanks again Comrade Drozdov: Once again I am indebted to you. You sure know this game backward and forward. Never thought of using the silent walk. I just lumbered on down there and got killed. Right now my man is on the boat, lying down, the other two are at the end of the pier near the boat and my knife man is staring at the German. I'll reshuffle and try to get through with zero losses in men. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:05 am

Comrade, my hopes were high when you outlined how to knife the two guards. I have replayed the game 4 times this evening and am stuck. First off, my forward key is W, back is S, left is A and right is D. I sent one man to gather all the clothing, everybody now in civilian clothes. I did this by dropping the kit for each man by first pressing Enter, selecting clothing then pressing Enter again for 3 seconds; when the clothing was on the ground I had a soldier approach, selected U, he picked up the kit; then I hit Enter, selected the clothing, etc. At this point all 4 men are now in civilian clothes. The 3 men were held at this point. Then I sent one soldier to the pier and here's where I ran into trouble. Using Silent Move from the steps down to the pier I approached the German guard. When behind him I hit Enter, selected the knife, all the while holding down the Alt Key and W Key, used the U key to knife the guard - and nothing happened. It worked just fine with the clothing but not in this case. There's obviously something I'm doing wrong and right now I can't figure out what it might be. I'll keep experimenting, but if you have the time and patience to help, I'd be most grateful. Thank you.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:01 am

One way, is to unarm (this reguires good nerves though) all of your men, expect your main guy, and only with a knife. Take three men into this mission.

Get the clothes for your soldiers, and go nearby the bar. First, stab the sniper under the bridge you crossed carefully. Then, stab the guard at the docks. Remember, you must not walk with knife seen, or they shoot. You must pull it just before you are about to stab and then stab.

After you have done that, arm other guy with MP40. Then, go to boat as driver, and put your two men in middle of boat, look towards the bar and press "use" button. This will put one of your men operate the rear engine, and put other one so you have full speed and control now.

Then, just drive your boat far right and drive as fast as you can, and if they try to shoot you from the dock, your guy with MP40 should do the job if in luck.

This reguires pretty much good nerves but it does work in H&DD. It worked in original H&D beter though :P
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Hi Oldih: I thought I sent an anwer but checked the forum and nothing's there. So here I go again.
I disarmed all the men in that they were not showing weapons. I gathered all the clothing and moved the men to the bar. I sent one man into the boat, unarmed so to speak and he laid down in the rear of the boat. I left two men at the bar and the last man I sent to the pier, using Silent Move from the steps down to the pier. When he got behind the guard I hit Enter, selected Knife, hit Enter again to be ready for the stab, then hit U - and nothing happened. I tried the same thing with the guard on the beach near or under the bridge and the same thing happened. Nothing. I tried this several times on both guards with the same result - nothing. I'm sure it's me doing something wrong but right now can't figure out what it might be. Will keep tryng including your outline. Also hope to hear further from Drozdov and ViTaMiNhM203. Thanks for your help.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:56 pm

No offensive, but did you press your "attack" button to stab? Use is used to check bodies? inventory, use some static items like MGs or to enter cars etc.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:49 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]No offensive, but did you press your "attack" button to stab? Use is used to check bodies? inventory, use some static items like MGs or to enter cars etc.[/quote]

No offense taken Oldih. I'm not sure what sequence of keystrokes is required. The only Attack button I know about is shown on the Map. Is that the one? Also, Drozdov said I had to hold down the Alt and Forward button as well in order to use the Silent Move function. I'm the one who is causing the problem because my learning capability is obviously limited. Could you please give me the keys and sequence that you use to successfully stab the guards? Thanks, I sure appreciate your help.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

C2M2 Steal Boat etc.

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:02 pm

Oldih: I finally figured out what my "attack" button is. It's the middle scroll button on my mouse. The controls I copied off the Internet didn't cover this button. Thanks to you, for once I applied common sense and pushed just about every button until I found the right one. I just killed the guard on the pier and the one under the bridge. Now it's time to ambush the Pub and leave on the boat.
My thanks also to Drozdov and ViTaMiNhM203 for their input. I apologize for being so slow in mastering the controls, etc., and am grateful to you folks on the Forum for being so helpful. All the best.
pukey
pukey123