How to run in safe mode

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
markl
Private

How to run in safe mode

Unread post by markl » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:17 am

Hi,
I too am having the transperant "select game profile" screen and can not start the game. I have read the topics which say go back to V 45.23 of the Nvidia drivers but htey are too early for my card. I am running Windows 2K.

How do I run the game in safe mode? I saw in one post that "You only have to add the "safe" behind the exe." I tried to edit the startup line in the shortcut but that did not work. Can I edit the shortcut to get the game to run in safe mode? If so can someone post the example for me to follow?

If not do I have to run windows in safe mode. If that is the case how do you start Win2K in safe mode? It was easy in win98, but there does not seem to be a startup menu in Win2K.

I purchased the later version 2 the other day and it runs ok. I saw the note about this in the forum here and decided to get it as well.

The free version installs as V 1.51, does this need patching or is it the latest version?

Thanks for any help, cheers MarkL
MarkL

Lars
Commando

How to run in safe mode

Unread post by Lars » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:55 pm

Normaly HDD should made an safe mode run option in your start menue.
If not find the exe and add this behind its name "hde.exe safe" than it should run

markl
Private

How to run in safe mode

Unread post by markl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:57 am

Thanks,
I have added the safe to the end and it runs ok now. It did not install that option for some reason.

Cheers MarkL
MarkL