Vanilla Browning

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
NilsZ
Major

Vanilla Browning

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:27 pm

Hey guys,

I think all of you have seen the Browning M1919 in the vanilla Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe. It has the model of the Browning M1918, but has ammo belt and can only be used in prone position.
Do you think it was a mistake by the developers that they chose a wrong model or is it a real gun? Was there a BAR with ammo belt?

I think about replacing the weapon with a real M1919 machine gun.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Vanilla Browning

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:09 am

NilsZ wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:27 pm
Hey guys,

I think all of you have seen the Browning M1919 in the vanilla Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe. It has the model of the Browning M1918, but has ammo belt and can only be used in prone position.
Do you think it was a mistake by the developers that they chose a wrong model or is it a real gun? Was there a BAR with ammo belt?

I think about replacing the weapon with a real M1919 machine gun.
I am almost sure that the devs made a mistake. There were few BAR 1918 versions (including built under licence in Poland prior to WW2, for Police use in USA, etc), but i never heard one that could accept ammo belts. There is a channel on Youtube called Forgotten Weapons and the guy there is a real weapon expert. He never mentioned about belt fed Browning 1918.

On the other hand there were few versions of Browning M1919 too including mounted on tripod (M1919A4) and portable on bipod with buttstock as a kind of light machine gun (M1919A6). You could find various Browning 0.30 cal MG 3d models in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty game series for example. I didn't bother with that weapon too much in my mod, because British forces used mostly famous Vickers as their main infantry machinegun. Water cooled MGs are the best in terms of durability and well suited for sustained fire.

Anyway if you want you can take the custom Browning M1919A6 model from the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod and use it in your mod.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:58 pm

thanks for your answer. I think I will replace this fantasy weapon as you recommended it.
For all the years I asked myself why the BAR could be used in standing and the browning only in prone position, because it was nearly the same weapon. ^^

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:01 pm

Welp there was an American soldier who developed a belt fed bar weapon in ww2 on the US/jap pacific War and has been only like a couple or maybe 3 models of it that exists in this world he added a .... let's say some mods to a bar handle and browning on top and the ammo is belt fed maybe that what was the devs aiming for

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:16 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:01 pm
Welp there was an American soldier who developed a belt fed bar weapon in ww2 on the US/jap pacific War and has been only like a couple or maybe 3 models of it that exists in this world he added a .... let's say some mods to a bar handle and browning on top and the ammo is belt fed maybe that what was the devs aiming for
You are probably talking about the "Stinger Machine Gun" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgecTgbz3ik
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:13 pm

Hmm yep