Just wondering..?

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Deadeye
Private

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Deadeye » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:47 am

HI Jason,
I've just downloaded H&D Deluxe and discovered that its not quite the same game as the original when first released..?
The de-censoring thing, although strange, is easily fixable it seems - but how about all the faces being the same and tanks with incorect camo etc?
Since an editor is now packaged along with the game, (which I admit to not yet tinkering with) how hard is it to put these missing aspects back into the deluxe version, especially if you happened to have the original H&D CD to work from ?
I'm certainly no expert with modding but will happily move textures etc around if it improves things, however slight.
Am I being overly simplistic/optomistic or would I be better off waiting for your much more complete Deluxe2 version ? And any thoughts on when that might be ready?
I've suddenly found a burning desire to get back into this game, seeing as how the graphics have been much improved etc... H&D always was for me a landmark title, however buggy on release, and heralded the start of the whole Stratagy Soldier Sim that has followed since.
Sorry for the long,rambling post
Regards
Deadeye

Jason
Administrator

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Jason » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:18 am

Hey mate long time no see!

Um, well heres the thing with the faces. It has something to do with the models. I am not exactly sure what :roll: but I don't think the 'face texture switching' thingy in the engine even works. There is A LOT of things that LCG were going to add into the Deluxe version but did not have time. I found a water drop animation, most likely for when rain hits the ground, you know how it splashes?

The thing that is lacking in the Deluxe modding community is a fine knowledge of 3D Max. A lot of us have copies of 3D MAX R3 but not so good with it. Grenni seems to be the most advanced user along with Bighouse, I know Lars is more into H&D2 modding atm.

What I have done for Deluxe 2 is made about 10 different copies of the same model and just put a new face texure on them. So I have like German01_a, German01_b, German02_f. It's a dodgy fix, it might slow down the game. Hasn't seem to have made that much of an effect though. I will return to Deluxe2 when the new site project is complete. I will do 'planning' in the mean time. I need to set out a plan for the project so I know what needs to be done etc. Otherwise stuff never gets done.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Oldih
Global Moderator

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:37 am

I miss those things which were in original H&D1, like people were cut to pieces if you walked to a propeller, was really fun sometimes when enemy ran to a propeller and killed himself, also this same applied for a nades.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Deadeye
Private

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Deadeye » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:05 am

Thanks for the quick replies... guess I'll get used to the not-so-subtle differences in the deluxe version given time; oh and I'd forgotten all about the propellers in game - it's been a while for sure.
Jason, I await your Deluxe2 mod with anticipation - I imagine its far more involved than most of us realise..? Will just have to imagine that my troops actually are different in appearence... or perhaps they are all just wearing fake moustaches, having been to a fancy dress party just moments before being dropped behind enemy lines... could happen I suppose lol.
I'll keep watching the forum posts for any new news on your mod Jason,
Regards,
Deadeye

Jason
Administrator

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Jason » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:12 am

Well there is two mods. Deluxe restored and Deluxe 2. Restored is exactly what it describes. Nothing fancy just a mod to restore Deluxe as much as I can to the original version. Deluxe 2 is my own version of H&D Deluxe. The missions will be edited, some greatly, some not. The objectives will be hard and I am doing some tricks with the AI. I have figured out how to make guards patrol like in Commandos, so stealth is going to play a bigger part on some levels. More details later :wink:

Oh with Deluxe restored this project will need strong user feedback as I want to get it back to the original game as much as I can. But any radical ideas will be more suited for Deluxe 2. Confusing maybe but you'll see the differences when release. Deluxe restored will be completed well before Deluxe 2 but they both will be completed :)

Deadeye
Private

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Deadeye » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:31 am

OK - I guess I'm interested in "Restored" just to recapture the original experience a little, but would really prefer to play your "Deluxe2" version more. Improved AI and tactics sound great - how's it coming btw?
Are you aiming for a date for release or is it more a case of "It's done when it's done"? Either way I'll be joining with everyone else eagerly awaiting the fruits of your labour. No pressure then...lol
Thanks for letting me know whats happening at your end,
Regards,
Deadeye

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Just wondering..?

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:40 am

Jason.
The rain will not lap Insanity does not support structure *3ds there will be no change of the person of the player
that you did with intelligence ?changed *tab files ?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jason.
Der Regen wird wie in originell HD1 nicht.Insanity unterst?tzt *3ds nicht.Keinen Ersatz der Person des Spielers gibt es.
Du ersetztest den Intellekt ? Ersetzte die Tabellen (*tab)?
Oder wie ? :D

Jason
Administrator

Just wondering..?

Unread post by Jason » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:41 am

Well I use detectors to script events. I know that scripting is often viewed as bad but H&D is already scripted in a way that always has the same outcome. I am changing this with a lot of different 'events'.

Release dates can not be judge at this point in time but I will outline the main tasks shortly and draw up a rough time frame for it as well.