Deluxe2

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Deepakh Yes
Corporal

Deluxe2

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:43 am

Hi Jason; How is Deluxe2 doing thup01 ?
Some more screenshots Plz :mrgreen:
-Deepakh Yes-

Jason
Administrator

Deluxe2

Unread post by Jason » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:11 pm

It's coming along alright, site still taking up a lot of my time.

The above picture is of 4 of the new 10 german faces. Better to kill a different face rather than the one I think. They are all restored from the original H&D games.

The above is a picture of one of the new models added into Deluxe2, it was made by Jo Jimbo :D

Not much I can really show you. It's all about gameplay :wink:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Deepakh Yes
Corporal

Deluxe2

Unread post by Deepakh Yes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:59 pm

thup01
Cool....In which mission will I be able to see him :D
How about diffrent civilian clothings for our guys funny01
8) Great work, ur Website & Deluxe2 :wink:
-Deepakh Yes-

Daniel

Deluxe2

Unread post by Daniel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:32 am

hmm I thought Deluxe 2 was no more - after exposed and disarmed went down I thought you yhad given up on the whole thing or something. Then I randomly stumbled across your new site :D hahah

Hmm, does anyone know any good place I can download H&D D and the H&D 2 SP demo from? (as in a source near UK, so europe would also be fine). Everywhere seems to have the downloads down. I am trying the romainian source from gamers hell (the uk one is down) but it is crap as you can't resume :( And it said the H&D 2 demo is only 180 something MB yet the downlaod I am on has got to about 220mb so far?!? And leechget cant get the file size. Methinks it may be corrupt?

Anyway, I have an idea of the "face problem" (tm).

What you (in theory) could do is have a "different" model for every character in the game. This can probably be quite easily done for the German soldiers, but I am not sure if it would be easily possible for the SAS ones? It would also be annoying to copy so many versions of the same model and just have them as different file names in order to trick the game, but heh. Anyway, that's how I think you can do it :)

Either that or somehow edit the engine code, but I really don't have a clue about how you would go about that. It would probably be encrypted though? I dunno

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'll register later :)

Cheers, Daniel

Daniel

Deluxe2

Unread post by Daniel » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:46 am

:o have you managed to do it already, or is this some kind of sick joke? (It seem too good to be true, sob sob)

Clickie

Jason
Administrator

Deluxe2

Unread post by Jason » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:08 pm

Hey Daniel,

I have done exactly what you suggested :wink:

Click here to download the H&D2 SP Demo from this site :D, the link isn't active on the main site yet, so your the first to test out the server. The file is 151 megs.
Last edited by Jason on Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Lieutenant

Deluxe2

Unread post by Daniel » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:18 pm

Haha - you've forced me to register in order to post now, heh

Er sorry, but I wont be needing to test out your server - I have already forced myself to wait in the file planet "download queues" (a joke if you ask me) but thanks all the same :)

Not installed yet mind.

Can you set each SAS soldier to have a different model then? So now with your update, if I choose an someone like Antony "eye" switcher, or whatever his name is, it will have his face? Have you done this for both camoflague and non-cmaoflage faces?

If you have managed to do this, it is quite exciting as the last I heard you weren't really sure how to go about it :)

What is this I hear about the ending being missing from deluxe? Why is this? O_o Will you be putting it back in *hopes* Well I don't even know the ending myself. Only played the demo of the original and also I played the deluxe too, but I had to reinstall windows and I seem to have deleted the game install file from my PC, so I am in the process of downloading it again. (Again, fileplanet slowness and lines are the only servers I can find it on :( )

Anyway, keep up the good work. Hopefully you can release it soon :) Either that or if it still needs work I'd be happy to try and help / test, hehe

Anyway, Cheers, Daniel

EDIT
====
btw, I tried that link for you anyway, and it looks like it is down or something I am afraid - also how'd you get sucha small filesize, hah

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Deluxe2

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:13 am

Hey Jason i just read about deluxe2 and it sounds great.(if its still a project)
I really enjoy playing deluxe, nearly as much as h&d2 however i found it alittle hard because of no healing. Is there any chance of including healing in deluxe2, i dont no much about editing and dont know if it would be at all possible but i though i might as well inquire :)

Jason
Administrator

Deluxe2

Unread post by Jason » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:51 pm

Yeah the project is still alive.

As for healing... well they were going to add it so it seems to Deluxe but it wasn't due to a lack of time to complete the project. There are no inventory properties to set as a health pack or anything like that, so no we can not add healing.

Dwin
Sergeant

Deluxe2

Unread post by Dwin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:03 pm

How's that Russian mod coming along?

Jason
Administrator

Deluxe2

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:14 am

It's finished, its just a matter of Lars sending me the new files :P and converting the russian texts into english :lol:

Anyone know Russian :)

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Deluxe2

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:38 am

How far though deluxe2 are you now jason... any idea on when it might be done by?? :?:

unclevadim2
Lieutenant

Deluxe2

Unread post by unclevadim2 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:50 am

However there is no sense to do to soldiers fingers. It is not economical. I did not use it in Bertgold. Though in models they are. However it is possible to replace the English weapon. From other games. On an example from ... :roll: