i need help

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
namisieni
Private

i need help

Unread post by namisieni » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:06 pm

i?m in the second campaign and second mission where i?m supposed to steal the boat without being noticed. how can i do that? i?ve tried and tried but havent succeeded. thanks!

Drozdov
Major

i need help

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:29 pm

You have to steal civilian clothes! Cross the road from the start, then go down the long road with the trams. On your right there's a little opening leading into a big square. Go right, then go through the left exit from the square. There should be a road cross-cutting the exit. 1 German patrols up and down this road - watch out for him. Run across that road, into an opening on the other side. In there you'll find 4 clothes lines with civvy clothes on them. Grab them and put them on. It's best to send one man alone to get all the clothes, then bring them back for the others. Then move your men one by one (don't let the AI control them, they can't resist firing on the enemy) to the boat. Knife the Germans near the boat (creep up behind them or they'll turn around and look at you). Then prepare an ambush for the germans that will come running once you get on the boat. Send someone onto the boat while the rest of your team kill the germans as they run out, then board the boat and drive away quickly.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Steel_Monkey
Private

i need help

Unread post by Steel_Monkey » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:07 pm

Just as Drozdov said.

My God, I almost forgot about that mission. It's been a long time since I first struggled w/ that. Let alone someone asking for help about it. Its been many moons.

Makes me wanna go back and play that one.

Drozdov
Major

i need help

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:04 am

Heh, I'm playing through H&D Deluxe again... I forgot how good the German campaign is. That second last mission... whoa! what a size! :shock:

Jason
Administrator

i need help

Unread post by Jason » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:38 am

Yeah it is one of the best campaigns :D
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Drozdov
Major

i need help

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:44 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a mission in any game as big as the road to Peenemunde one... superb stuff. Well, excluding Operation Flashpoint, but that's a different kind of game. I think in terms of mission design, no other war game comes close to H&D 1.

namisieni
Private

i need help

Unread post by namisieni » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:14 pm

thank you Sergeant Drozdov, i made it! i had stolen clothes before but still everytime someone saw me i was immediately killed and dressing as civilian did not seem to make any difference. but when i moved my men one by one without AI it worked. can?t believe i did not try that before throwing the towel.. :oops: Now the battle continues...