Want to play again -- how bad are the bugs in the deluxe edition?

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
srkaeppler
Private

Want to play again -- how bad are the bugs in the deluxe edition?

Unread post by srkaeppler » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:58 am

Hey all-

I am new to the boards, so forgive me if I have not extensively looked for the answer to this question.  A LONG time ago now I played the original hidden and dangerous.  I was a huge commandos fan, hidden and dangerous seemed like the next logical step.  I loved the gameplay!  Being that I was a teenager(aka hormones) at the time, I remember becoming incredibly angry at some of the bugs in original hidden and dangerous. 

I am interested in giving hidden and dangerous deluxe a try again with some of the spare time I have.  Have most of the bugs been addressed?  Or is it still incredibly buggy and laggy at times?  Does the deluxe pack have any patches?

Maybe more importantly has anyone in the 'community' went about fixing lingering bugs? 

Just wondering...

Thanks!

Steve

Jason
Administrator

Re: Want to play again -- how bad are the bugs in the deluxe edition?

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:53 am

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forums. A lot of bugs were fixed in the original H&D 1.3 patch but H&D Deluxe fixed a lot more. The strategy map works a lot better and your soldiers follow you more accurately, they don't back track as much. Deluxe uses a new version of the original games engine so they fixed and improved a lot of things. It comes with a mission editor so you can create your own missions which is great thup01 There are a lot of missions available on the website at the moment. You will need to use the de-censor mod to get all the Nazi textures back in there. There is an issue with what we call "clones". The faces of your soldiers and the enemies are almost all the same. There are a few variations but not many. You get over it after a while but it's still some what distracting. It's definitely worth playing for some good classic WW2 gaming fun, they don't make them like they used to.

There's no way to fix bugs that are still there but I've not noticed any bugs as such. There are compatibility issues but not really bugs as such.

If you loved Commandos, and love H&D you will probably love Death to Spies, it's more like Commandos than H&D. It's exactly like Commandos where you silently kill the guards, you can even see their line of sight so the puzzle quality is definitely in there. You only have one guy to control but he can do it all like the green beret. It's fun thup01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Wesley
Sergeant

Re: Want to play again -- how bad are the bugs in the deluxe edition?

Unread post by Wesley » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:00 pm

God knows I've begged people to fix the faces bug. Maybe removing most of the characters also removed bugs...

but it's nothing that prevents the game from being played. HDD is very stable.