Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe Multiplayer

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
WildJAMES
Private

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe Multiplayer

Unread post by WildJAMES » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:42 pm

First off I'd like to say Hi chaps names Wild and Im a pretty big fan of H&D series now to my problem

I used to play Hidden & Dangerous 1 on Dreamcast it was fantastic but now I play it on the pc but I get an error about trying to Host a multiplayer game and so does about 3 or 4 of my mates who got it aswell we are wondering if anyone would be able to help us with this problem as I have read most of the muliplayer posts but no one has ever replyed saying it worked so if anyone has any ideas how to fix this error or has fixed it please can you put a step to step guide down (some my mates are rather...special) and what we need thanks and sorry if I'm being pushy in my typing just its a Sunday and I can be rather annoying  :mrgreen:

WildJAMES
German on level 2: Englander!!
Me:Scottish god get it right *machinegun fire*....Irish would have been acceptable

Jason
Administrator

Re: Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe Multiplayer

Unread post by Jason » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Welcome to the forums WildJAMES, nice avatar thup01

Some people have had luck with using "Hamachi", the easiest option is to have someone host the game using Windows XP.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

WildJAMES
Private

Unread post by WildJAMES » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Ok man thanks for the help will try get someone with XP and get back to you  :mrgreen:

Edit: I kinda hit a snag and jiggered my Deluxe edition by trying to install the Deluxe Restored mod and now get Internal error (Unable to initialise sprite image)  :cry:
p.s I have tried fresh reinstall but I think I've totally jiggered it up....back to GS servers on H&D2  frown01
Last edited by WildJAMES on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
German on level 2: Englander!!
Me:Scottish god get it right *machinegun fire*....Irish would have been acceptable

sabrizain
Private

Unread post by sabrizain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 am

I'd recently setup H&D Deluxe running on LAN at home using Hamachi. The server runs on an XP machine and the client is a Windows 8 machine. In the multiplayer settings for TCP/IP, I just left the boxes for IP address and Port no. blank (for both the server and the client) and the two computers connected and it worked fine. Hamachi probably assigns the numbers automatically.