Fire after explosion - does it disappear ?

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
Al Bundy
Private

Fire after explosion - does it disappear ?

Unread post by Al Bundy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am

Hello, this is my first post here  :grin:

I played H&D like 10 years ago, but several bugs made it impossible for me to finish the game.
Recently I've discovered Deluxe, so I thought that maybe finally I'll be able to play the entire game.

I have a question which may be a bit weird: does the fire after TNT explosion ever disappear ? I'm stuck at C3M1 because I put a bomb at the wrong place and saved the game, so now I can't enter the room again.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6941/flamek.jpg
I know that the mission isn't hard and probably I'll replay it, so the question is more because of curiosity. *I think* I saw flame dissapearing after a while, but I'm not sure.

Also, I have a second question. Yesterday I tried coop game with my friend. We went from C1M1 to C2M5 without problems, but we were not able to finish C2M5. Everytime we tried, the game was going out of sync after a while. Is it a known problem ? I read somewhere that the coop has a few bugs here and there, maybe it's one of them ?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Fire after explosion - does it disappear ?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 am

The fire should go away after a while. As for the desync, sure, I had the same problem when my group got to C4M1, couldn't play after that reliably so we stopped. I continued with my wife on lan after that, less fun with only 2 people. There is a way around it, the sure way I think being to download a program that emulates a lan connection to trick the game. I didn't try it.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Al Bundy
Private

Unread post by Al Bundy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 am

Well, we use Hamachi already. The game uses DirectPlay so it was kinda hard to setup without LAN emulation, since we are both behind NAT.

About the fire - I think this one won't go away, so I have to replay. I set off another fire with TNT and it was gone after about 1-2 minutes, the original one is still there. I also noticed that regular explosion flame doesn't have that 'fireball' at the bottom.
Last edited by Al Bundy on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Hamachi, yeah that's it. Was that doorway in the picture near the archive?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Al Bundy
Private

Unread post by Al Bundy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Yep, it was the only doors leading to two smaller archives. The fire was permanent, I fixed that by replaying mission.