HDD delux and vista x64

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
AB10784
Private

HDD delux and vista x64

Unread post by AB10784 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 am

so it looks like this forums is not exactly the busiest place in the world... but I'll give it a try hello all. I love H&D bought it way back when before devils bridge even came out.. then left it for a while, but when I saw delux was a free download I ended up getting it. So just today I was trying to play a lan game with a couple of my friends and guess what.. failed to initialze the network protocol on both tcp and ipx.. I know vista no longer has built in support for ipx so i could not even use/install that protocal, but tcp/ip should work... I have both the ipv4 and ipv6 installed, game was run as an administrator and I tried compatibility mode with xp, win 98, win 2000 same problem for each method.. :-( any ideas I would be glad to hear.
Thanks

Lars
Commando

Re: HDD delux and vista x64

Unread post by Lars » Thu May 14, 2009 1:20 pm

Is it possible to turn off the ipv6 tempoary? If you only wants to play with some friends you could also try to use any virtual network clients.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Turning off ipv6 didn't work for me (windows vista home edition on my laptop) but I was able to connect a Vista player to a XP hosted game. Still trying to work out a fix for Vista...
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Thief2125
Private

Unread post by Thief2125 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 pm

If friends in LAN, just disable internet connection.