Saving in coop

This is for all Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe talk including mission strategies, setting up multiplayer games and technical support.
tharax7
Private

Saving in coop

Unread post by tharax7 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:09 pm

Just asking, would it be even possible mod in saving in mp coop on the host side?

NilsZ
Major

Re: Saving in coop

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:18 pm

I can say that some day it will be possible.

Unlike some internet myth there was never a feature in H&D to save in multiplayer.

The singleplayer game creates a list of all humans, cars, shots, etc. with all their positions and attributes when saving game. In multiplayer this list must be shared for all clients but yet there is no code for that.

Also there is no code for a general sync if the game became asynchronous. That's why strange things happens if you play with a poor connection like dying for no reason or car leaving not possible.

For the moment you can arrange with medipacks or revival cheat :)

tharax7
Private

Unread post by tharax7 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:14 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:18 pm
For the moment you can arrange with medipacks or revival cheat :)
Thanks, though i dont know how to add medipacks to a operation, and revival cheat is the resirect cheat code im guessing

And im playing the ultimate mod also if it has to do something with the medipacks.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:36 am

OK, i think in ultimate mod are no medipacks. The cheat in deluxe is "newlife". But I think its disabled in multiplayer. Maybe I should enable it and see what happens.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon May 08, 2023 9:35 pm

tharax7 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:09 pm
Just asking, would it be even possible mod in saving in mp coop on the host side?
I have good news for you. After several months of developing and beta testing with Jakub, I can present a stable build that allows to save in multiplayer. The release will be in the next few days.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue May 09, 2023 9:51 pm