suggestion for a QoL mod

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
RobinHoodSmedley
Private

suggestion for a QoL mod

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

After clearing 3/4 of the 1st mission of campaign 4 in H&DD, I realised I was missing the 2 radio transmitters.
This happened because I like to manually add the equipment I need for and I seldom use the auto populate feature.

Now, I don't know if this is even doable in the first place, but would be possible to force these "quest" items to be added to the list before you can add anything else or at least add a non-intrusive acronym on each of them to remind where they need to be used? Something along the line of "C4M1" would be enough imho.

And yes, I know I can just look it up on the net, but despite it's an old game I don't want to be spoiled by having to read walkthroughs for a mission I never played before funny02

NilsZ
Major

Re: suggestion for a QoL mod

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:12 pm

yes that would be possible. But it would mean a lot of work and later a lot of files to download. Easier solution would be to place 2 radio targeting systems in front of the players spawn via editor.

PS: you can pass the mission anyway via cheats.

RobinHoodSmedley
Private

Re: suggestion for a QoL mod

Unread post by RobinHoodSmedley » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:31 pm

Well even just that would be really helpful so there would be a way to complete the mission. It's fine if they are not straight at the spawn but even in a difficult storage spot hard to reach too tbh. It would adds a new fun task to do.
Thanks but I already restarted the mission so I'm good at least on this one.
Yes but then knowing myself I would probably get too much spoiled by using a cheat and I'd more likely be abusing them for no reason, that's why I don't want to.