H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Unread post by Myron » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pm

Okay, after 79 days of non-stop work, and after at least 85 days since I've downloaded anything from here, I think I am ready to initiate beta-testing again.

Sadly, I have no idea where I left off with the downloads, so, I would greatly appreciate it if the latest patch of The Ultimate Overhaul could be uploaded here on the very first page of this new train of exchanges. :grin:

I will download it, and others will too, and then from there, all new upgrades/updates will be posted here. :cool:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:41 pm

Myron wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pm
Okay, after 79 days of non-stop work, and after at least 85 days since I've downloaded anything from here, I think I am ready to initiate beta-testing again.

Sadly, I have no idea where I left off with the downloads, so, I would greatly appreciate it if the latest patch of The Ultimate Overhaul could be uploaded here on the very first page of this new train of exchanges. :grin:

I will download it, and others will too, and then from there, all new upgrades/updates will be posted here. :cool:
Hi Myron,

well, since May 30th 2021 i didn't make any new update of my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod. The recent mod version as per now could still be found on my ModDB profile: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

I think, that you would be fine and there will be no need to download anything new, because you have all the necessary files already - thus you could continue playing / testing the mod without problems.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Well I have two major problems and one question.
1-Game keeps laging no matter what due to models (i'm not saying you should stop but i'm saying you need to lower the polygons count a little bit Along side the details)
2-in cheat codes if i typed fullhands theres two things that aren't in the weapons selection a toy looking sniper (With no Text or description not even an error ones) and an invisible item that once I pick the game crash
My question is how did you put every weapon in a cheat code that adds only maximum of 30 weapons plus all the table inventory along side some errors if that's not achievable with the Editor?

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 am

Well i modified the fullhands cheat because the hard coded weapon set did not match to the new mod weapons. It cycles now though all weapons and gives you 1000 rounds of each weapon. If you see an invisible weapon it might be an unfinished item.
Maybe i should divide the fullhands cheat in different categories as explosives, small guns, MGs, rifles?

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:10 am

Well yes pls cause that was a nightmare trying to solve the whole inventory issue so the game doesn't break

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:25 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 am
Well i modified the fullhands cheat because the hard coded weapon set did not match to the new mod weapons. It cycles now though all weapons and gives you 1000 rounds of each weapon. If you see an invisible weapon it might be an unfinished item.
Maybe i should divide the fullhands cheat in different categories as explosives, small guns, MGs, rifles?
The fullhands cheat shows not only weapons, but items too (such uniforms, key, etc). The problem is, that it shows them in weird order according to my own modded inventory list i.e. the first item that appeared after i enabled the cheat was "Free hands" which is Item ID 30 on my inventory list, while next item was Welrod pistol (Item ID 61 - last item on my inventory list). Prior to "Free hands" it shows a blank field (probably Item ID 0) which makes CTD upon selecting it. Finally before blank item it shows Binoculars (Item ID 1 on my inventory list). I suppose, that you edited the fullhands cheat item list according to your own Extended Mod, which is probably why i have it so messed up in my mod. However, this is not a big deal for me, because i hardly ever used that cheat - only occassionally during custom weapons testing.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:01 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:53 pm
2-in cheat codes if i typed fullhands theres two things that aren't in the weapons selection a toy looking sniper (With no Text or description not even an error ones)
The "toy looking sniper" is a custom Arisaka Type 97 sniper rifle which was used in some of my custom addons by Japanese soldiers in missions that took place in the Pacific theater. Once i removed those addons from ModDB i forgot about this weapon, however i left it in the inventory list for possible future use. You could access it in my mod only via fullhands cheat currently (the weapon is located just below the Radio Targeting System after you enable the cheat and scroll down the list), because it is not listed on any campaigns inventory lists. The weapon is missing text description due to early problems with overlapping text - some items descriptions were conflicting with each other. As far as i know, thanks to NilsZ help this problem was solved. I will eventually add the missing Arisaka Type 97 description.

There is another custom Japanese rifle too in my mod accessible by fullhands cheat - Arisaka Type 99 non-scoped (right below the custom scoped Mosin-Nagant rifle).

I once planned to add also Japanese portable light machine-guns and submachine-gun, but that never happened for various reasons.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:34 pm

That's right no wonder why the gun was OP it was Arisaka the whole time

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Following the recent feedback from mr.47 i made the following changes to the game:

-> added missing text description for weapons (MAB-38 submachine-gun and Arisaka Type 97 sniper rifle);

-> added missing text description for some uniforms (both SAS and German ones);

-> corrected the improper inventory text description for the Arisaka Type 99 rifle (the earlier description was about Arisaka Type 97 sniper rifle instead);

-> replaced the default inventory texture for the German Mountain Ranger uniform (the standard grey uniform) with a more appropriate one (green uniform);

-> made the Carcano and Arisaka Type 97 rifles slightly less powerfull in comparison with other bolt-action rifles due to the 6,5 mm caliber cartridge.

Unpack the contents of the data.rar and models.mod.rar archives (data and models.mod folders) into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Below i posted also a picture to show you how the new inventory icon that i made for the Mountain Ranger uniform looks like. I used the fullhands cheat to get access to all the game equipment.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Custom Mountain Ranger uniform inventory icon
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
data.rar
Updated 03/09/2021
(562.4 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Custom mountain ranger uniform texture.png
Custom mountain ranger uniform texture.png (828.69 KiB) Viewed 167420 times

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:06 pm

Cool thing thanks and keep it up

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Good news everyone; that German hydroplane that you destroy in the final Greece mission has finally been added to War Thunder.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:37 pm

That's good and soon it will be in occupi... Shit I almost spoiled my multiplayer mod for the game

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:41 pm

I've recently started playing CoD Black Ops again, as I haven't touched it in 10 years, and I say, during Reznov's arctic flashback, there are several of those German van-halftracks. Both intact and destroyed models.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:36 am

Right about where I am standing, there seems to be an invisible barrier that stops bullets from going down the tunnel.
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #1.png
Picture from Bergamo #1.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 158498 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:25 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:36 am
Right about where I am standing, there seems to be an invisible barrier that stops bullets from going down the tunnel.
Well, i was standing in the same place where you were and enemy soldier that patrolled this particular sewer tunnel was able to kill me (notice his shadow and right arm holding the weapon). See pictures below.

However, since the tunnel doesn't go straight ahead all the way at that point (there is a slight turn to the right after a while), you could stay unnoticed when you stick close to the right side of the sewer wall and let the enemy to get closer (as seen on my pictures).

Anyway, today i updated the Italy 2 mission: re-checked sewer tunnels roofs and walls. Please download it again (unpack the content of the missions.rar archive - missions folder - into your root H&D Deluxe install directory).

By the way I hate this mission with its never ending problems with static collisions underground... :roll:
Attachments
missions.rar
Updated Italy 2 mission - 22/02/2023
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
dead commando on tactical map.JPG
dead commando on tactical map.JPG (154.03 KiB) Viewed 158493 times
dead commando in the tunnel.JPG
dead commando in the tunnel.JPG (61.1 KiB) Viewed 158493 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.