H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:47 am

1.) In-Universe, How do you justify there being no partisans at the airfield in Danube 5? Did they decide that the British are unworthy allies? 😁

2A.) As for making the boat more vulnerable, what do you mean? Like now the boat can blow up if it takes too many hits in areas where bullet hits would be redundant in real life?

2B.) As for real-life German PT Boat models, I remember there being on in either Sniper Elite 3 or 4. Perhaps it can be imported like you did with the tanks? πŸ€”

2C.) That tower... πŸ€”

3.) As For Germany 1, I think those posts look out-of-place myself in that particular spot, close to the door as they are. I think the German mansion owner's wife would find them too distasteful. Bear in mind that this is deep inside Germany, not France like in that MoH mission. I think the huts would be better near the entrance to the Maze, as well as near the gate.

4A.) As for Norway 2, I was thinking; Hidden & Dangerous 2 has two different models for music/news radios. Perhaps one of them can be imported, to be used instead of the military radio you're currently using for the music? 😁

4B.) I still think that the man in charge of the facility of Norway should be a high-ranking officer as it originally was, rather than the basic soldier or low-ranking officer you have him being. And I think he should possess the key to the locked laboratory.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 am

NilsZ wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:00 am
I just asked why. :D
I only know these houses standing at the border to the next country. They are painted in nations colors and border guards can stand inside when its raining.
Hold down the Windows Key and press the period key in order to open up the list of emojis. πŸ™‚

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:03 am

Myron wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:47 am
1.) In-Universe, How do you justify there being no partisans at the airfield in Danube 5? Did they decide that the British are unworthy allies? 😁

2A.) As for making the boat more vulnerable, what do you mean? Like now the boat can blow up if it takes too many hits in areas where bullet hits would be redundant in real life?

2B.) As for real-life German PT Boat models, I remember there being on in either Sniper Elite 3 or 4. Perhaps it can be imported like you did with the tanks? πŸ€”

2C.) That tower... πŸ€”

3.) As For Germany 1, I think those posts look out-of-place myself in that particular spot, close to the door as they are. I think the German mansion owner's wife would find them too distasteful. Bear in mind that this is deep inside Germany, not France like in that MoH mission. I think the huts would be better near the entrance to the Maze, as well as near the gate.

4A.) As for Norway 2, I was thinking; Hidden & Dangerous 2 has two different models for music/news radios. Perhaps one of them can be imported, to be used instead of the military radio you're currently using for the music? 😁

4B.) I still think that the man in charge of the facility of Norway should be a high-ranking officer as it originally was, rather than the basic soldier or low-ranking officer you have him being. And I think he should possess the key to the locked laboratory.
Ad.1. Check the changelog of the mod 2.7 version update to find out why I did that.

Ad. 2A. I mean exactly what I wrote in the mod 2.7 version changelog about its new damage resistance. In vanilla game even SMG fire (like MP40) can destroy it, so I made it more realistic in my opinion while not too OP.

Ad. 2B. Maybe, but making it driveable would be another thing and not an easy task.

Ad. 2C. I like that now the guard tower stands there.

Ad. 3. Maybe.

Ad. 4A. So far I only managed to import some H&D 2 weapon models into the mod. I don't know the exact model names and textures of H&D 2 radios. Maybe I will import radio model from Return to Castle Wolfenstein instead. We will see.

Ad. 4B. I assume you mean the Norway 3 mission. I didn't know that in original mission there was someone in charge of the facility. I don't remember the mission briefing mentioning about such person.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 am
I only know these houses standing at the border to the next country. They are painted in nations colors and border guards can stand inside when its raining.
Hold down the Windows Key and press the period key in order to open up the list of emojis. πŸ™‚
Not on my Win 7 :mrgreen:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:38 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm
Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 am
Not on my Win 7 :mrgreen:
Huh, I didn't think it was a thing Windows 10 added.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:49 pm

I can't find the changelog. 😟

As for 4B, I was actually referring to Norway 2. There is an office which is the first door to the left just inside main entrance to the main building with the laboratory just inside. There was originally a high-ranking officer there, which you replaced with a lower rank.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:24 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:49 pm

As for 4B, I was actually referring to Norway 2. There is an office which is the first door to the left just inside main entrance to the main building with the laboratory just inside. There was originally a high-ranking officer there, which you replaced with a lower rank.
Well, there is another room in the main building with a "high-ranking officer" inside. See picture below. Still there is no mentioning in the Norway 2 mission video briefing about any particular officer there being in charge of the facility, so his exact location could be random in my opinion.

By the way I checked radio models from both H&D 2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I like more the RTCW variant.

As for German patrol boat so far I checked the model used in Call of Duty United Offensive. It looks quite good.
Attachments
Norway2 officer.JPG
Norway2 officer.JPG (107.72 KiB) Viewed 106144 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:35 pm

Hello everyone,

following recent Abdelhady Mohamed let's play of my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on Youtube i updated the Germany 3 mission.

List of changes:

-> repositioned some of the enemies in the factory - the mission was too hard even on medium difficulty and the player was caught in the crossfire as soon as he left Steiner's office after dealing with the initial wave of attacking enemies;

-> changed behavior of some enemies in the factory - they are now more aggressive and will chase the player;

-> restored the original sound effect played when the underground factory roof colapses and rocks are falling down;

-> restored the original siren sound played in the main hall of the underground factory;

-> other minor changes and bug fixes.

Unpack the content of the Germany3 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Enjoy! :)
Attachments
Germany3 update.rar
Updated 16/10/2023
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 150 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:53 pm

For the request of Myron i imported a new radio model into H&D Deluxe. It was taken from Return to Castle Wolfenstein PC game.

The radio (like in the previous Norway 2 mission update i posted) will play a famous German military march (downloaded from Youtube) in one of the rooms with archives (see picture below).

The radio is destroyable and if you destroy it the music will stop playing.

Unpack the Norway2 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
Norway2 update.rar
Updated 17/10/2023
(938.99 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
new radio model from RTCW.JPG
new radio model from RTCW.JPG (91.38 KiB) Viewed 106097 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:36 pm

As a tribute to classic PC game Return to Castle Wolfenstein i added a German soldier song, that will be played from gramophone in the room next to the commander's office in the Norway 4 mission (see picture below).

The song was downloaded from https://archive.org/details/ThirdReichMusic which features a longer version, than the one found in RTCW addons such Time Gate.

Anyway, the gramophone is destroyable and if you destroy it the music will stop playing. The model itself was imported from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Unpack the Norway4 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
Norway4 update.rar
Updated 25/10/2023
(6.2 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
gramophone in Norway4.JPG
gramophone in Norway4.JPG (103.78 KiB) Viewed 106044 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:33 am

now we deserve also the music from cs_italy in a Italy2 map :-)

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:38 am

p.jakub88 wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:35 pm
Hello everyone,

following recent Abdelhady Mohamed let's play of my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on Youtube i updated the Germany 3 mission.

List of changes:

-> repositioned some of the enemies in the factory - the mission was too hard even on medium difficulty and the player was caught in the crossfire as soon as he left Steiner's office after dealing with the initial wave of attacking enemies;

-> changed behavior of some enemies in the factory - they are now more aggressive and will chase the player;

-> restored the original sound effect played when the underground factory roof colapses and rocks are falling down;

-> restored the original siren sound played in the main hall of the underground factory;

-> other minor changes and bug fixes.

Unpack the content of the Germany3 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Enjoy! :)
Is the Siren on a loop now? I remember that it would turn off after a minute or two in the original game.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:08 am

Bad News, Danube 2.

I got my brother to start a fresh playthrough with version 2.8, and he just got to Danube 2.

Three seconds after the mission starts, Soldier 1 teleports to the clothes. Five seconds later, he teleports to behind the cantina.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:29 am

Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:08 am
Bad News, Danube 2.

I got my brother to start a fresh playthrough with version 2.8, and he just got to Danube 2.

Three seconds after the mission starts, Soldier 1 teleports to the clothes. Five seconds later, he teleports to behind the cantina.
Thanks for letting me know! This is a leftover of the testing that i performed once in Danube 2 and i simply forgot to remove those teleporters after i finished. I will fix that and update the mod on ModDB as soon as possible.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:32 pm

As an Easter Egg i added an Italian song, that will be played in the Italy 4 mission when enemy infantry start attacking from the train.

The song is called "La Canzone del Grappa". :cool:

Unpack the content of the Italy4 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
Italy4 update.rar
Updated 18/11/2023
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.