H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls Part 2

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:34 pm

As an Easter Egg i added an Italian song, that will be played at the end of Italy 1 mission when you meet with partisans.

The song is called "Bella Ciao". :cool:

Unpack the content of the Italy1 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
Italy1 update.rar
Updated 17/11/2023
(6.16 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:45 am

As an Easter Egg i added a popular WW2 American song, that will be played at the end of Ardennes 3 mission when US reinforcements arrive.

Its a tribute to one of my favourites comedy movies "Baby's day out" from 1994. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_V4Ta4VRJE

Unpack the content of the Ardenes3 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
Ardenes3 update.rar
Updated 23/11/2023
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 197 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:44 pm

As an Easter Egg i added a German military march, that will be played at the start of Ardennes 2 mission.

Unpack the content of the Ardenes2 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
Ardenes2 update.rar
Updated 23/11/2023
(3.3 MiB) Downloaded 221 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:29 pm

p.jakub88 wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:45 am
As an Easter Egg i added a popular WW2 American song, that will be played at the end of Ardennes 3 mission when US reinforcements arrive.

Its a tribute to one of my favourites comedy movies "Baby's day out" from 1994. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_V4Ta4VRJE

Unpack the content of the Ardenes3 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Why not this sunshine song? LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHVh8KONwrw

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:48 pm

As an Easter Egg i added a fragment of Kriegsmarine military march, that will be played at the start of North Ocean mission.

The song is called "Das Englandlied".

Unpack the content of the North Ocean update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.

Attachments
North Ocean update.rar
Updated 24/11/2023
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:25 pm

Hello everyone,

today i updated again the Norway 2 mission.

List of changes:

-> additional time-bombs placed in one of the storage buildings;

-> edited the mission text briefing to add more info about the objectives;

-> edited the mission video briefing to get rid off misleading informations about the requirement to blow up the antenna mast and laboratory simultaneously, as well as not being detected by enemy patrols;

-> updated list of mission objectives - now the 1st objective is described in more detail.

This newest Norway 2 mission update is included in the latest H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 2.8 version release uploaded on ModDB.

Enjoy! :)
Attachments
Updated Norway 2 mission objectives list.png
Updated Norway 2 mission objectives list.png (493.43 KiB) Viewed 160526 times
Updated Norway 2 mission text briefing.png
Updated Norway 2 mission text briefing.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 160558 times
Additional time bombs in Norway 2 mission.JPG
Additional time bombs in Norway 2 mission.JPG (72.8 KiB) Viewed 160559 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:50 am

Umm, why not just restore the boxes that the mission had originally? Didn't it have two boxes with 5 dynamites originally? πŸ€”

"as well as not being detected by enemy patrols;"
What do you mean?

Is sneaking through the forest an option yet? πŸ˜‰

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:05 am

Myron wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:50 am
Umm, why not just restore the boxes that the mission had originally? Didn't it have two boxes with 5 dynamites originally? πŸ€”

"as well as not being detected by enemy patrols;"
What do you mean?

Is sneaking through the forest an option yet? πŸ˜‰
Yes, indeed in vanilla mission there were two boxes - each with 5 time-bombs. I just checked. However, now i think is more convenient and obvious for the player to have them placed like i did. You just enter the room and see them laying on the boxes plus you can pick how many you want, not being forced to take 5 at once. Those time-bombs are also visible on the tactical map. I restored them, because one mod user from Discord complained that he forgot to bring enough explosives for the mission and he needed to use Panzerfausts instead.

By default the video instructor says: "We can move through the forest or along the trail through the rocks. It is important to eliminate guards without being discovered." In reality, eliminating guards without being spotted is not that important, because if we get caught it will not fail the mission anyway.

I just wanted to improve the Norway 2 mission but you are complaining as always. You are never happy with changes I make. At least I keep the mod updated quite regularly as long as i could. Just saying.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:37 pm

I wasn't complaining, I was simply curious.
I admit, that those boxes did look like they were simply part of the background, like those orange metal boxes and wooden boxes. Just there for show, and not actually interactable.

Again, NOT a complaint, just a suggestion, that objective 1 and 2 be swapped, as cutting off communication is vital.
And destroying the antenna after everyone is dead is, well, redundant. LOL.

I apologize if I caught you in a bad mood. πŸ˜•

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:44 am

Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:37 pm

Again, NOT a complaint, just a suggestion, that objective 1 and 2 be swapped, as cutting off communication is vital.
And destroying the antenna after everyone is dead is, well, redundant. LOL.
Well, i also thought about making the Norway 2 mission more stealth-focused, but it should be done in a logical way.

I will try to find the best solution.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 pm

Hello everyone,

for the request of Myron i further updated the Norway 2 mission and made it more stealth-focused.

List of changes:

-> removed the minefield in the forest;

-> edited the mission text briefing to add more info about the objectives and new requirements for the player;

-> updated list of mission objectives - swapped the 1st and 2nd mission objective (now you have to blow up the antenna mast first);

-> now shots and explosions in the vicinity of main laboratory building will fail the mission (unless you blow up the antenna mast first). Shooting silenced weapons such Sten MK.IIS won't alert the enemy though.

This newest Norway 2 mission update is included in the latest H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 2.8 version release uploaded on ModDB. I also attached it below, however you will still need the mod itself to be installed first in order for this update to work properly.

Enjoy! :)

P.S. By the way thanks Myron for your continuous support, ideas for changes and feedback! Sorry for being rude, i just had an impression that noone appreciates my modding work and I'm just constantly criticized - when others people mods are also not perfect. Maybe H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod is not the best mod out there (in my opinion Bertgold is), but i do what i can with the limited modding knowledge i possess. That's all.
Attachments
Norway2 update.rar
Updated 06/12/2023
(10.3 MiB) Downloaded 215 times
Updated Norway 2 mission objectives list.png
Updated Norway 2 mission objectives list.png (492.86 KiB) Viewed 160440 times
Updated Norway 2 mission text briefing.png
Updated Norway 2 mission text briefing.png (918.46 KiB) Viewed 160440 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:06 pm

Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 pm

P.S. By the way thanks Myron for your continuous support, ideas for changes and feedback! Sorry for being rude, i just had an impression that noone appreciates my modding work and I'm just constantly criticized - when others people mods are also not perfect. Maybe H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod is not the best mod out there (in my opinion Bertgold is), but i do what i can with the limited modding knowledge i possess. That's all.
Yeah, it is REALLY annoying how so few downloaders give any feedback whatsoever. One can't grow as fast without feedback. πŸ™

I've just looked at pictures of Bertgold, I really don't know what I am looking at. And I read that it's more about action than stealth. πŸ€”

My feedback and suggested is on the belief that you are supremely talented. πŸ˜…

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:06 pm
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 pm

Yeah, it is REALLY annoying how so few downloaders give any feedback whatsoever. One can't grow as fast without feedback. πŸ™

I've just looked at pictures of Bertgold, I really don't know what I am looking at. And I read that it's more about action than stealth. πŸ€”

My feedback and suggested is on the belief that you are supremely talented. πŸ˜…
Bertgold is basically an overhaul mod - replacing vanilla H&D Deluxe campaigns with custom ones. Its worth checking out, but in my experience its best to play it in coop instead of alone (because maps are mostly big with lots of enemies).

By the way thanks for kind words! ;)

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 pm

BTW, I forgot, Ardennes 2, what music plays when you find the massacre site?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1rVypA ... t&index=33

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:15 pm

Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 pm
BTW, I forgot, Ardennes 2, what music plays when you find the massacre site?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1rVypA ... t&index=33
It plays the exact same tune you shared (both in my mod and vanilla game - i just checked in HDD Editor).

By the way i never cared that much for in-game music in H&D Deluxe - except maybe for some of the ambient sounds or music played when you complete objectives / finish mission / campaign. I find some of these annoying if played too often. It feels like the game sometimes punishes player for not paying enough attention about what he is doing and points out the obvious, lol.

In my opinion Medal of Honor Allied Assault has the best in-game music for a WW2 action game (Return to Castle Wolfenstein comes second).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.