H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 1.7: Changelog

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 1.7: Changelog

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:14 am

I would like to post here the latest changes implemented into the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod - which mostly doesn't fall into a specific category, but are rather a collection of various bug fixes and new game mechanics. This will help me to track the changes, which are numerous. Most of them were made thanks to NilsZ work on the source code and are under testing currently - before being directly added to my mod's files on ModDB. Still work in progress.

Changelog for the incoming 1.7 version:

(as of 17.05.2021)

-> restored visible (fixed and mounted on vehicles) machine-guns shots;

-> increased (fixed and mounted on vehicles) machine-guns shots speed to a more realistic value than default;

-> decreased the range of the hand held anti-tank weapons: Bazooka, PIAT, Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck to a more realistic value than default (the range is about twice shorter being equal to about 200 meters max);

-> the searchlight now could be turned on and off (press the "fire key" while using it);

-> increased shooting speed of cannon shells according to their caliber and type;

-> increased explosion power of some cannon shells according to their caliber and type;

-> a major update of the Germany 5 mission due to some of the changes mentioned above;

-> added 2 wooden boxes with time-bombs to the barn in the Danube 1 mission. Each box contains 2 time-bombs. I changed also the description of the Danube 3 mission, to reflect the fact that we received explosives from partisans;

-> removed the M1 Bazooka from campaigns inventory lists - except for the campaigns in Italy and Germany. I did that, because the M1 variant was the first one and later was replaced by newer variants;

-> added the PIAT to some campaigns inventory lists starting from the campaign in Germany, to reflect the fact that the British forces were equipped with PIAT as their primary hand-held anti-tank weapon starting from the 1943 onward;

-> armored railway cars could be now destroyed by Boys anti-tank rifle.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu May 20, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Re: H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod: Changelog

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon May 17, 2021 1:02 pm

-> added 2 wooden boxes with time-bombs to the barn in the Danube 1 mission. Each box contains 2 time-bombs. I changed also the description of the Danube 3 mission, to reflect the fact that we received explosives from partisans;

does this not destroy the whole danube story? I mean the crash with the airplane wasn't planned. how do the partisans know that and how do they know where soldiers are landing? Will you destroy the gate with timebombs instead of the tank?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:02 pm

does this not destroy the whole danube story? I mean the crash with the airplane wasn't planned. how do the partisans know that and how do they know where soldiers are landing? Will you destroy the gate with timebombs instead of the tank?
I did that for 2 reasons:

1) foo_jam2002 from the ModDB community was surprised why his SAS team didn't receive any explosives despite "getting in contact with partisans" in my modified Danube 1 mission from the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod. The devs in the mission description weren't precise about that.

2) M1 Bazooka historically wasn't available for UK forces at the time of the H&D Deluxe Yugoslavian campaign, so i added 2 boxes with time-bombs. Not for destroying the iron lock, but to deal with the armored railway car that guards the approach to the Panzer IV tank on the bridge. I also made the armored railway car vulnerable to Boys AT-rifle fire, because of the removal of M1 Bazooka from the campaign inventory lists.

P.S. The tank on the bridge could still be used as a "bullet-proof shelter" against enemy reinforcements consisting of infantry and 2 halftracks. However, after your feedback NilsZ i will think again if those latest changes in the Danube 1 mission are reasonable.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Changelog for the incoming 1.7 version:

(as of 17.05.2021) - further changes

-> Updated SAS jeep Winter and Summer models - lowered the driver and MG gunner seats and placed back seats slightly higher to decrease the chances of friendly fire accidents.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue May 18, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:56 pm

If we are going to talk historically accurate there was hundreds of prototypes for Multiple Rocket Launcher's
Bare with me (the Germans had a pistol like RL that shoots a chemical rocket)
The Dutch had their own RL and grenade launcher too as well as many weapons
The Japanese used to have a multiple prototypes for the RL but they weren't footaged for some reason.
(I don't know about that one and I hope you get it)
There was a country in WW2 that made a home made RL but I don't know about that one.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 pm

The fact that i like H&D was that you can feel the historic situation in the weapon selection menu. In the first campaign you can only choose british weapons because britain had no chance to gain german weapons in higher amounts. Later in the year 1944 there is the MP44 appearing. The first time i played the game i thought, wow what a cool new weapon!

So Jakub is doing right by giving the correct dated weapon sets to the SAS.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 pm
The fact that i like H&D was that you can feel the historic situation in the weapon selection menu. In the first campaign you can only choose british weapons because britain had no chance to gain german weapons in higher amounts. Later in the year 1944 there is the MP44 appearing. The first time i played the game i thought, wow what a cool new weapon!

Thanks for the feedback and appreciation NilsZ! I am trying to balance the gameplay in terms of available weapons to choose from for specific campaigns. My main goal is to have a inventory list most likely used by SAS at that time, but not being too strict about that at the same time - which could impact the playability in a bad way and make the game less fun to play.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed May 19, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Hope you be the best....
Good Luck

KiloEcho
Corporal

Re: H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 1.7: Changelog

Unread post by KiloEcho » Sat May 29, 2021 12:01 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 pm
Thanks for the feedback and appreciation NilsZ! I am trying to balance the gameplay in terms of available weapons to choose from for specific campaigns. My main goal is to have a inventory list most likely used by SAS at that time, but not being too strict about that at the same time - which could impact the playability in a bad way and make the game less fun to play.
I would like to say thank you for the careful thought which you have given to all these related matters and for designing and so considerately
documenting these many past and recent changes.
NilsZ wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 pm

I feel it is the ability to choose from a large inventory before each campaign and every individual mission that is a big part of this
games timeless appeal to me. While using the same map but deploying different weapons and gear, switching out personnel
for those with higher skill ratings or special attributes, and just by changing one's tactics, that allows the player to discover many
different paths to success in completing each mission objective.

Certainly together you are contributing greatly toward the enhancement of these very cool stylings and aspects which exist throughout.
Your efforts will ensure that our enjoyment of the game will likely continue on even further than any of us might have ever before imagined.